ch. eight

Zayn was partially staring at his computer screen, mostly day dreaming when he saw Niall and Liam walk in to the press room hand in hand. He sat up straight and blinked a few times. "Uh, what's going on?" He asked as the two of them got closer.

They both looked over at Zayn before looking back at each other. "You didn't tell him?" They asked in unison.

Zayn frowned. "Tell me what? Are you two dating?" He was met by silence and he gasped. "You are!"

Niall blushed and Liam rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Um yeah, we are."

Zayn pouted this time. "Why didn't you guys tell me? Am I not your friends?" He asked, dramatically, placing a hand over his heart.

Niall giggled now and Liam rolled his eyes. "Well we haven't really be couple-y outside of our own flats."

Zayn was about to complain some more when Louis walked in talking about an article he got kicked off of writing when he stopped, gasped, and pointed at Liam and Niall's hands. "Wait, when did you guys make it official?!" He asked.

"Right?!" Zayn said, standing up.

Niall looked up at Liam. "Wow, I thought you would have at least told Louis." He said.

"Hey, what am I chopped liver?" The raven haired boy pouted once more. "Liam, you didn't even tell me you asked Niall out."

Liam coughed. "Well Louis only found out cause he came in to my flat and caught me staring at a blank TV." Niall just shook his head and let go of Liam's hand, walking over to his desk to sit down.

"Anyway, Zee, Leo wants to see you." Louis told the raven haired lad. Zayn nodded and headed out of the press room. After Zayn walked out Louis punched Liam in the arm. "Way to keep something important from your friends. Though I knew you two would get together. I'm am practically the one who did it."

Liam rolled his eyes and walked over to his desk. He sat down and turned on his computer. "It's not like we were trying to hide it."

Louis sat down at his desk as well and propped his feet up. "Well Liam, you've been pining after Niall since he got here, of course you wouldn't be able to hide it. But I expected you to call me up freaking out because he finally said yes."

Liam's eyes widened a bit at that and his face flushed in embarrassment. Niall covered his mouth to stifle a giggle. "Is that true?" Niall asked.

Louis nodded. "Yeah man, it was love at first sight with him."

"Lou, please, no need to bore Niall with things like that." Liam muttered, a blush still on his cheeks.

Niall just grinned and leaned over to give Liam a kiss on the cheek. "You're adorable when you're embarrassed." Liam just grumbled a bit more before turning back to his computer.

Both Niall and Liam's shift were done pretty earlier and the blonde was happy. He had a pretty stressful day and he was just glad to be done. As they were walking through the parking lot he felt Liam tug on his hand. He looked up at his boyfriend.

"Come with me. I'm going to take you out to ice cream." Liam said.

Niall couldn't help but smile at that. "I think that'll be the perfect way to cheer me up." He replied.

Liam grinned. "Good, because that's what I was going for." Once they got to Liam's car he opened the door for Niall and the blonde got in. Liam got in to the driver's side and they headed to a cute ice parlor not far from their work.

"Today started off well, but leave it to one article just to stress me out." Niall mumbled.

Liam reached over and grabbed his hand. "Well, you stress easier now. And it's understandable, you had most of it written and found out it's not what they wanted. But at least Leo gave you an extension."