ch. twelve

Louis was furiously typing away, trying to reach his deadline. Of course he would never admit he procrastinated on this particular article. He just wasn't feeling it and he's been spending a lot of time hanging out with Zayn since Liam was always with Niall. Not that Louis was complaining. He loved spending time with Zayn.

He let out a groan and leaned back in his chair, noticing the one next to him and the one next to that were empty and that it was just him and Zayn, who was caught up in his own thing. "God I hate deadlines. Why does this have to be due tonight? He asked.

Louis looked over when he heard something hit the floor. He saw Zayn scramble to pick up something and place it back on his desk. He raised an eyebrow at that. "Uh well...you did h-have a week to do it." Zayn reminded.

Louis' eyebrow arched even more. "You alright there, Zee?" He asked.

Zayn coughed. "Y-Yeah, totally cool." He answered.

"Rubbish! You never stutter, what's gotten in to you?" Louis pushed his rolling desk chair around to Zayn's part of the desk. The raven haired man's eyes widened and he threw his upper body on top of his desk as if to cover something. Louis' eye narrowed. "Are you hiding something from me?" He asked.

"N-No, I'm not at-" Before Zayn could finish, the shorter man placed both his hands on Zayn's chair and pushed him over away from the desk. He leaned over to see what the other man was hiding and his eyes widened. A soft, surprised gasped left his lips. He was staring down at a nearly finished pastel sketch of himself sitting at a desk in the Marvel t-shirt he stole from Zayn with flowers in his hair.

He looked over at Zayn whose face was flushed red. The raven haired man rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "I-It's not finished but...do you like it?" He asked. "I was hoping to have it finished by not b-but I got sidetracked. I wanted to finish it before I asked."

"Like it?" Louis asked, looking back down at it. "I love it, Zee. This is amazing." He grinned, picking up the picture before he blinked and looked back over at Zayn. "Before you asked what?"

Zayn's face seemed to turn even redder now. "I-I was going to asked if ya know...since we're always together and Liam and Niall are always off by themselves. And we're kind of alone now but l-like alone together...so maybe uh, I was wondering if you'd like to go out on an official date?" He asked.

Louis stared at Zayn before he hopped out of his seat and flung himself at his friend. "This is the cutest way anyone has anyone has ever asked me out! Of course I'd love to go on an official date with you!"

Zayn's eyes were wide as he caught Louis, planting his feet on the floor to keep from rolling back. He held on to the shorter man. "R-Really?" He asked.

Louis grinned up at him. "Yes, really." He kissed Zayn's cheek. "I love the picture, it's so sweet."

The taller man smiled, a blush still on his face thanks to the kiss. "I mean, it's not as stunning as the real thing...but I tried."

Louis' face flushed at the comment. "You're such a sap." He mumbled but smiled. "And I love that about you."

Zayn grinned. "I'm glad that you do."

Liam shrugged on his jacket and walked to the door. Niall currently wasn't feeling too well – he had come down with a cold. The brunette had spent the night, waking up to his blonde boyfriend having a coughing fit. He had asked him what cough medicines were okay for him to take during his pregnancy. He listed that and a few snacks Niall was craving in his mind as he opened the door and headed out.