ch. five

It's been two months since Niall had first walked in to Liam's life and the brunette was more than certain he was one hundred percent head over heels for the blonde boy. As they said, the spent every Friday and Sunday and other days as well at Niall's flat. It was safe to say that the four of them have become super close. They even all became good friends with Niall's best friend Harry.

Liam, however, wasn't any closer to asking Niall out. Each time he tried he would back out, feeling too nervous and afraid. But he knew he had to do it soon. He didn't want to miss his chance. Niall was friendly and got along with everyone. Everyone loved him, how could they not? Liam was surprised no other men had tried to make a move.

Today it was just Niall and Liam having a movie night. Zayn and Louis had other plans and Liam felt bad for being happy they couldn't make it. But when Niall opened the door, dressed in a big sweater and cozy looking sweat pants, the taller boy could be bothered to feel anything but warmth.

"Hey, Li." Niall said as he let the boy in. Liam walked in holding up a bag of take out.

"Chinese tonight, sounds good?" He asked. Niall nodded.

"Chinese is good every night." Niall laughed as they walked in to the kitchen and Liam set the bag on the counter. They served themselves food before walking in to the living room to settle on the couch. Tonight was part two of their Harry Potter marathon and they were on third movie.

By the end of the fourth movie and their night, the two were cuddled up together. Liam carded his hand through Niall's hair and Niall had his head rested on Liam's chest. The brunette couldn't be happier. As the credits rolled Niall let out a yawn and sat up.

"Okay, I think that's all I can handle for tonight." He said with a slightly sleepy smile.

Liam nodded. "Um, there's something I want to ask you..." He mumbled.

Niall rubbed his eyes before looking up at the taller boy. "What is it?"

"Do you um...do you think I could take you out on a date?" He asked.

Niall blinked at that. "W-What?"

Liam coughed. "I was wondering if you would go on a date with me."

"Liam I...I don't know." He began. "You're really great Liam, and I like you. But I don't know if I can go out with you."

Liam said up and looked at Niall. "Is there a reason?" He questioned. "You said you like me? I really like you."

"I know you do. And Liam yeah, I think I do like you but I really can't date right now. It's not you a promise. I just can't date. Not for a while. And I don't want you to wait for me."

"I don't mind waiting, Niall."

The blonde shook his head. "Liam, you're not going to be willing to wait that long for me and then even if you do you're not going to want to be with me."

"How do you know that though, Niall? I've been wanting to be with you since the day we met. And we only got closer since and now all I know is that I really, really like you." Liam explained almost desperately. He took Niall's hand in his own. "I wouldn't still be asking if I knew you didn't feel the same but you do."

Niall could only sigh. He didn't want to do this to Liam. He didn't want to mess up the friendship they had. "Liam, I think you should leave."

The brunette let go of Niall's hand and blinked. "What?"

"Please, Li, just go." The Irish boy looked away, not wanting to see the look of hurt on Liam's face.

Liam just nodded and stood up, grabbing his coat before walking out of the flat. Niall flinched when he heard the door slam shut and that's when he realized he was crying. He got up and headed to his room, deciding that he was going to head straight to bed in order to take his mind off of Liam.