ch. eighteen

A few hours after being called by Niall, having the blonde explain just exactly what was going on, Harry was on his way to pick him up. He understood, he really did. But that didn't mean he wasn't still angry. He parked and headed up to the apartment, knocking on the door. Liam was the one to open the door with a smile, about to greet Harry but the taller man just gave Liam a cold stare.

Liam nodded. "I deserve that," He said, stepping aside.

"You deserve more than that, but...because Niall loves you and it's not one hundred percent your fault I'm just going to give you the cold shoulder for a little bit." Harry stated, walking inside.

"Fair enough," He closed the door behind Harry. They both walked in to the living room and Harry's eyes widened, seeing Niall sitting on the sofa sobbing.

"Niall, wants wrong?" He asked, frantic.

"He just got done watching Eight Below. We thought it would be a good idea to have him watch a movie that'll make him hysterical."

Harry knelt next to the blonde who was still watching the movie and crying. Harry looked back at Liam. "Why?"

"Chances are someone is watching our place. If Niall leaves here looking seemingly upset, that'll make Josh think he really broke up with me. And that's what we want." Liam explained.

Harry nodded then looked back at Niall. "Are you ready to go?" He asked, voice a bit softer.

Niall turned to look at Harry and sniffled, nodding. "Two of the puppies died." He mumbled.

"I know, I'm sorry. But the other six are okay." He stood up and held his head out for the Irish man, who took it and let him pull him up. "You packed?" He asked.

Niall nodded. He walked over to Liam, to hug him. "I don't want to leave,"

Liam wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "I know love,' He said, kissing his head. "But it's only for a short time and I'll be up in like two days to see you. We just need to do this."

Niall nodded and reached up to kiss Liam on the lips. He returned the kiss before walking with Niall over to the door. Harry grabbed his suitcase. "Bye," The blonde sniffled again. "Love you,"

"I love you too," Liam said as he opened the door and Harry and Niall walked out walked out.

Zayn and Louis were driving up to Harry's, Niall had called them a few hours ago explaining everything that's been happening between him and Liam and why it happened. Of course Louis almost broke down the door trying to get out to find Josh but Zayn held him back. Once they arrive, with help of the GPS because Louis refused to stop and ask for directions. They parked and headed up to his apartment, knocking once before Harry slowly opened the door peeking out with only one eye.

Louis stared back at Harry, confused. "Just being cautious, never know when it can be Josh or something." He explained, stepping back to let them inside. "Niall's in the kitchen eating,"

Zayn nodded and him and louis walked through the living room to the kitchen, seeing Niall at the table eating ramen. "Of all the things to eat?" He asked. "I thought you didn't like ramen?"

Niall looked up at Zayn. "I don't," He said. "But my baby does so..."

Louis laughed and sat next to Niall, giving him a hug. "I'm glad everything's okay now."

The blonde returned the hug and nodded. "Me too," He said just as Harry walked in.

"Liam will be up in a few hours. He told me that he thought he saw someone hanging out across the street just watching he complex for a few hours." Harry stated.

"That's really creepy," Niall murmured around his noodles.

"But it means Liam was right and hopefully you were convincing enough."

"Don't worry Niall, we'll figure this out," Zayn said, sitting down at the table across from Louis.

"Speaking off," Harry interrupted. "I have to make a few calls. You guys can help yourselves to anything." He told Louis and Zayn before walking out of the kitchen and heading to his room.

"Some calls?" Louis asked, looking at Zayn then Niall.

Niall shrugged. "He said he was going to find someone who could help us." The blonde answered.

"Hopefully Harry's got some good resources that can help us." Zayn said. "Because we can definitely use all the help we can get."

Liam was sitting on his sofa, texting Niall since the blonde sent him a bunch of messages saying how much he missed him. He raised an eyebrow though, hearing a few knocks on his door. He got up and answered it, frowning when he saw it was Josh.

The other man stood there with a smug smile on his face and it took every ounce of restraint Liam could muster not to punch his face in. "What do you want?" He asked, trying to sound like he was just moping.

"Came to tell you good job," Josh said, patting Liam on the arm. "I heard Niall left yesterday, crying with his curly haired friend needing to help him."

Liam frowned even more. "Good job?" He asked, letting his voice crack a bit. "I broke his heart and he left me, nothing about that is good."

Josh laughed. "To me it is. I won't send the lawyer after him now. You did good."

"Thanks," Liam mumbled.

"But it needs to stay with way. If I find out you've made amends my lawyer is only a call away." Josh reminded.

"Yeah, I get it. Don't worry. Niall wants nothing to do with me now. Please leave." The brunette said.

Josh gave Liam one more smile. "See you around, Liam." He said before stepping back and headed down the hall. Liam shut the door and leaned against it, letting out a sigh of relief. It looks like Josh was convinced things went his way.

He headed back to the sofa and picked up his phone, texting Niall and telling him what just happened. He told the blonde he was going to get some sleep before he came up since he wasn't going to leave until 1 AM. But before he took a nap he called Leo and asked him if it was okay to take the next few days off before starting his paternity leave. He said it was a family emergency and Leo was more than okay with the time he needed.

That night Liam went to bed feeling a bit better than he had in a while.

Once Liam made it to Harry's apartment he softly knocked on the door. Harry said he would be awake when he arrived. The curly haired man opened the door seconds later, letting Liam in. Louis and Zayn were asleep together on an air mattress in the living room and Harry had the sofa made up as a bed.

"He's in my room, second door down the hall." He told Liam who nodded and thanked him. He walked down the hall and opened the bedroom door quietly. He saw Niall asleep on the bed. He set down his bag and took off his shoes, walking to the other side of the bed and slowly climbing in next to the blonde. He felt him stir.

"Ssh, it's just me," He whispered, wrapping his arms around him. Niall snuggled closer in to Liam's embrace, falling back asleep again. Liam kissed the top of his head. "We'll figure this out, I promise. I love you so much, Niall."

-----

This was just a filler chapter but I hope it was still good anyway. Not much longer to go! Comment goal is 20 comments, 3 to 4 comments per person will be counter. 

Leave me love, please! :)