NoT so predictable after all

Start from the beginning

"Nuhuh! Noah said he Was in his car and he waited there for a few seconds and you did NOT break your kiss."

"Well, I was shocked. I never kissed back. Noah probably couldn't tell because he was on the road and he can only see James' face from there."

"I guess that makes sense..."

"So you believe me?"

"Yes, I do! Gosh, i hate that kid. He ruins everything."

"Almost, though. Good thing we've got this all sorted out and my relationship with Noah was spared."

"Yeah, good thing." Cassie says a bit timidly looking st the ground.

"So where is Noah? So I can speak to him about this?" I tell the nervous Cassie.

"Um...he's not here."

"You said he was earlier. The sooner I tell him the better! So where is he?"

"Well, he's in his room, but he has...uh...company at the moment, so I dob't think you should go up there at the moment."

"But this is really important, Cassie! I need to tell him! He must be so depressed right now. Probably just moping around in his room...I feel bad for his company. He is probably not doing a bunch of talking."

"Oh, yeah. I really doubt they're talking much..." mutters Cassie.

"I'll be back in a jiffy. This won't take long at all." I say opening the back door and ascending the stairway. I walk down the hallway and make a right to arrive at Noah's doorway.

"Wait, STOP! He is busy now!" says Cassie running after me.

"Oh, stop your fussing. I really need to talk to him! It's urgent!" I say opening the closed door...

Then I understand there was a reason Cassie didn't want me going upstairs to see Noah. There was a reason that door was closed.

Under Noah's double bed lay a shirtless (from what I can see) Noah and another girl who I do not know with him.

Maybe I should just exit quietly. go to my room and cry over this mess.

But, on second thought, he needs to know that I know about his true self. I know what a cheating, filthy b*stard this so called golden boy really is.

"Well, I came here to explain myself and that I never cheated on you by kissing James, so we could rekindle, Noah." I say and he sits straight up in the bed. The girl sleepily gazes at me and then rolls over on her stomach back to sleep.

"But I thought you did cheat on me. Addie-"

"You know what? I'm just gonna head home. I realize that there is no need to try to maintain a relationship with you know." I say leaving the door open and walking out in a cool manner. When I pass Cassie's guilty face by the stairway (she mutters an apology), I break into a run.

I hear Noah calling my name. I hear footsteps descending the stairs as I exit the front door. I kick of my shoes. I will run home. I need to run. I need to think.

"Addie! Stop!" I hear Noah call. Then I hear the rumble of his motorcycle. I turn into a forest in an attempt to evade him. I don't know my way around, but anything is better than running on the vulnerable sidewalk. I feel leaves on the soles of my feet. Then sometimes painful rocks. More often than not, there are sharp sticks prickling the bottoms of my feet.

I barely notice the frequent pain. I am too busy running. I don't know where and O don't even care right now. I just want to run.

Through the thick forest I go. Tears stream down my cheeks. I change my mind- I don't want to think about all of this right now. I can't take this heartbreak. I will use the running as a distraction. I lush myself harder and I run faster ans farther than I ever thought I could.