[9] Truth

Before you read on, lovelies.
I want you all to check out MadGravity7_ 's David/Simon one shot book. It's so good and deserves way more reads! Tell em I sent you :)

 It's so good and deserves way more reads! Tell em I sent you :)

• DAVID •
Word Count - 2200

"I want to-"

"David, spit it out."

"Look, let me show you something I found a few weeks ago. I was going to show you at the time I found it, but then, well... stuff happened, didn't it?" I stuttered.

"David, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

I grabbed his hand and took him to Eric's bedroom, leaning onto the floor and pulling out a crumpled blanket. I unwrapped it and revealed a book. It was a small, black notepad that had Cowell imprinted on it. I recognised it from Simon's office stationary.

The book was wrapped up with elastic bands and a sticker stated 'Do Not Enter'. The boy was only five but he could write extremely well and actually quite neatly due to me and Simon helping him.

"I- I haven't opened it, but thought that maybe... I don't know should we?" I asked.

"Look," Simon replied, "we can open it and see whether or not it's just drawings and rubbish, and then put it back to where it was before. If it's something important then we sort it out."

I nodded and removed the elastic bands.
There was a drawing of who I assumed to be me and Simon, and a happy Eric. Then there was Lauren, shouting, and a sad Eric.

"Oh god." Simon groaned, rubbing his hands over his face and sighing.
"You know what I was going to ask, right?" I asked, fumbling with the short hair growing down the back of my neck. I was in desperate need of a haircut. He raised an eyebrow towards me in reply.
"What?" He questioned.
"I want us to go for custody of Eric." I rambled out quickly, before sitting down on the floor and burying my face in my hands.

We spoke for an hour about the whole situation. He said that he hadn't ever considered it, but he would love it if that did happen.

"If we try for custody... there's one condition." Simon said.
"Go on..?"
"I want us to move, David. I know we've only been here a few months but I'm not feeling it here. I want a fresh start."
He kissed my lips in agreement, before dragging me out of Eric's room and into our own, his lips never leaving mine.

••

• SIMON •

"Baby." He whispered, shaking me out my slumber. He crawled on top of me, pressing soft kisses on my jawline.

"Mhmm... What time is it?" I murmured, my voice thick and husky from sleep.

"I love your morning voice." He complimented, laying on top of me and putting his weight onto me.