[6] Done

• DAVID •

I typed into my phone 'Symptoms of a midlife crisis'

The thought had sprung to mind earlier this morning, when I began thinking of the way Simon had been acting the last few weeks.
1. Irritability
"David, you cooked the eggs wrong! For gods sake, why do you have to- ugh you know what just forget it."
2. Loss of sex drive
"David, I'm really sorry, I'm just not in the mood."
3. Fatigue
"I'm really tired, I'm going to just go to bed. I feel exhausted."
4. Depression
"I feel like I've wasted my whole life."
5. Purchase of un-necessary items
"I brought a motor bike!"
6. Stress
"All this work is just too much."

The list went on and on and for each point I could match several scenarios. My heart broke at the thought of what he was going through, yet I was relieved that he hadn't fallen out of love with me.

I put the car in drive yet again and headed towards the studio, eager to confront him and help him sort this out.

• SIMON •

"Amanda." I said, running into the studio, grabbing her hand and pulling her into my office. She looked stunned at my sudden approach. My breathing was heavy, and panicked.

I'd seriously messed up, and I had no idea what to do.

"Simon, calm down. Where's David? Do you need me to call him?" She asked, soothing me.

"I had sex with Lauren." I told her.

"You what?" Amanda screeched.

"It- It was a mistake. I didn't mean to-, I-"

"Why the f*ck would you do that? You know David was on the phone to Alesha crying because he tried to kiss you and you pushed him away?" She exclaimed in frustration.

"She- She made me feel... younger, I guess. I- I know it sounds awful and you know David is everything to me and I've just really f*cked everything up."

Amanda gave me a look, to which I assumed was annoyance, and tried to shut me up. She rapidly shook her head.

"Mandy, let me talk. Let me explain. I can't believe I've done this. I had sex with my ex wife and I've ruined everything." I said.

"What?" A familiar voice cried, his voice breaking at the end.

That's why she was shaking her head.

"David, I-"
His figure stood at the entrance of my office.

"Oh my god, I think I'm going to be sick." He whispered.

"David, please-"

"You bastard. I hate you. I never want to see you again!" He cried, pushing past a worried Alesha and a confused team of staff and ran out of the room.

"You've f*cked up big time, Cowell." Alesha spat, running after David.

"You're a- I'm so disappointed in you, Simon." Amanda said quietly, and a tear brimmed in her eye, before she walked off.

I was left all alone in my office.
"For f*ck's sake!" I screamed, kicking my desk and causing it to fall over, all the belongings smashing. I picked up the bedside lamp and threw it to the ground, before I curled up into a ball and sobbed on the floor.

• DAVID •

I sat on the pavement and sobbed, Alesha's arm round my shoulders as the tears gradually fell.
"How could he do this to me?" I cried.
"I don't know love, I don't know..." she simpered.

I shrugged her off, getting into the car and driving with tear stained eyes. Cars beeped as I swerved through them, eager to get home.

I finally pulled up outside the house and ran inside, all three dogs running round my ankles. Bert followed me upstairs as I ran to our bedroom and pulled the suitcase that one held all the happy belongings of Disney in.

I never actually sold my old house, where Simon and I had lived for that small amount of time. That was where I was going.
I threw item after item into the cases, before I sat down and rested my head in my hands. And let the tears fall again. I went into the ensuite bathroom and selected all of my toiletries, throwing them in alongside the crumpled clothes.

I heard the door click and Simon run up the stairs.
"David- No- Please, what're you doing?" He asked, as though he was on the verge of tears.

"I'm moving out." I told him, brushing past the figure and storming down the stairs. I picked up Bert and slammed the door, leaving the house shaking at my action.

I opened the door to my Audi R8, stepped inside with Bert and my belongings on the back seat.

Simon ran out of the front door and towards the car.
"David, please don't do this." He cried.
I gave him one, last, emotionless look before screeching the car along the pebbled drive way and down the road. Yet I didn't keep driving.

The second I was out of sight, I pulled the car over, rested my head in my hands and sobbed.
Continuously.
I sobbed until no tears were left, and all I was doing was retching and making strangled sounds out of my mouth, my whole body shaking.

My heart felt like someone had reached into my body and crushed it.

There was one thing I was sure of.
Me and Simon...
We were just...
Done.

• AUTHOR •
Hey guys I had a full on argument with my mum involving Damon cause she said David just acts like he fancies Simon for money so I got annoyed and yeah whoopeee!
Anyway I'm sad because this chapter is so sad :(