[10] Moving In

I actually remembered to make a banner! Whoop!

• DAVID •
6 months later

"Simon, can you get me a cola for the road?" I yelled down the stairs.
"Yeah, babe." He replied, as he carried the last cardboard box into the van.

"I'm so excited, Daddy David!" Eric exclaimed, jumping off from the bed and onto me. I only just caught him, and stumbled back at his weight.

"You're too heavy for me to carry now, mate." I told him, setting him down and chuckling him his hoodie. He pulled it on and followed me downstairs. The removals van was packing up and minutes ready to leave.

"Gahhh this is so exciting." I said excitedly to Simon as we got out of the car and walked towards our new home. It had already been wallpapered, painted and furnished. The majority of our basic belongings were their too.

As you can probably tell, we won custody over Eric. It was... difficult. It was also expensive, but totally worth it. Lauren had the opportunity to see Eric every other weekend, but she denied it. My jaw dropped at this when I found out.

I grabbed Simon's hand and pulled him into the large mansion, my mind doing excited somersaults at the thought of our new life here. Eric ran into the house, his Thomas the Tank Engine light-up-trainers thumping on the shining marble floor.

"Go on then, Eric, go find your room!" Simon told the boy, causing him to squeal in delight and run up the spiral, marble stairs.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed his lips.
"I'm so excited for our new life here." I told him, smiling.
"Me too." He answered, pulling me closer and kissing me back.

A few hours later, the removal van had finished and our belongings were now in place. I walked over to the water speakers that covered the whole wall (look them up, they're so cool) and clicked shuffle on my Spotify playlist. Slow Hands began playing and I grinned at the song echoing throughout the whole house. This place was, well... stunning. I walked into the conservatory and stared, gaping, out the glass walls. The garden ran for acres, and I could see a small deer at the bottom of the garden along with some rabbits. Excited to show Eric a deer for what I'm sure was the first time. I paced up the stairs quickly to find Eric eating a bagel whilst watching the jungle book with his dad.
"Eric, do you want to see something cool?" I asked.
"What is it?" Eric replied as we walked down the stairs with Simon following close behind us. When we reached the glass walls again I pointed out the deer, telling Eric not to make much noise, and he gasped. The five year olds face lit up in delight.

"Can we go pick up the dogs now?" I asked Simon as we finished our first lunch in the new house. We had prawn linguini with spinach. Eric just had the pasta, however.
"Sure." Simon grinned, grabbing his keys as the three of us walked out the door. We drove to Amanda's house, which was only ten minutes away, to find her in the front garden with her two daughters. The yelled hello to Eric and immediately dragged him into the princess house, which he didn't complain about.