four: forgiveness and discoveries

En başından başla

I looked up at him and my eyes went to his full lips. Before I realised, our lips were connected in a passionate kiss. I moved myself so my legs were either side of him. We really shouldn't be doing this but my attraction to him was so different to anything I've felt before.

"Violet." Archie mumbled as he pulled our lips apart. "I can't do this."

"Oh yeah, the whole Betty situation." I nodded in agreement as I pulled myself off his lap.

"Yeah that but there's someone else." He admitted and I swear my heart broke. "We've been seeing each other over the summer and I really like her." Archie stood up and ran a hand through his hair.

"So what was this?" I motioned between us, as I also stood up. "Trying to make her jealous or something?" I whispered yelled.

"No of course not. We're trying to figure things out and until then I can't be doing what we just did a minute ago." He explained.

"Okay, it's probably better with me being friends with Betty." I agree.

"Friends?" He asked hopefully.

"Friends." I nodded before walking him to the door and waving goodbye. "I hate that word."

<><><><><>

It was Monday morning and Veronica and I were walking to school in silence. We haven't spoken a word to each other but we both knew we were sorry and would be forgiven. I ordered yellow roses for Betty in school and hopefully I might be able to mend some sort of friendship.

"Nothing's ever going to happen with Archie and I again." I announced to Veronica. "I know that you wanted a fresh start here in Riverdale, V and I ruined it for you." I sighed.

"It's okay Vi, I understand Archie had eyes for you the minute he saw you. If you didn't kiss him that night and I honestly would have." She joked and quickly turned to give me a tight hug.

"Now that we're okay again, one question." I paused to point to the familiar box in her hands. "Why do you have a delicious box of Magnolia cupcakes?" I asked.

"After you and Archie went into the closet, Betty got so upset she said some bad things about you. Me being me, I got really defensive and said some things I really shouldn't have." Veronica admitted.

"I got her flowers." I laughed.

"Two sorry Lodge's who would have taught the day would come?" She giggled, just as we reached the school.

"Let's hope our apologies are worthy." I sighed, grabbing her hand in mine.

"By the way, I love the new hair style."

<><><><><>

"Dear Betty, please forgive me, XOXO, Vi." I heard Kevin ready my note. "Who the hell is "Vi?"

"Violet." Betty sighed just as I walked in with Veronica.

"The yellow is for friendship." I attempt to help my poor apologetic present.

"We both also had Magnolia cupcakes flown in from New York. Because, as my mom likes to say, "There's no wrong the right cupcake can't fix." Veronica tells her and thankfully let's me take some part in the present.