~33~

John

"Morning" I squeezed past her through into the kitchen gawking around for signs...signs of that fella that was here, late.... very late last night.

"Cap, I didn't invite you, can you leave..." She stood crossing her arms in front of her, all angry like. I mirrored her as I turned around in the doorway of the kitchen."Now"

"Have fun last night?" Nonchalant face, nonchalant face, do not tap your foot.

"Oh yes was wonderful, lovely, got lots- hang on..." She paused "When last night?"

"What? oh, I just happened to see you had company, just asking. One friend to another. Any morning tea?" I walked off into the kitchen and she followed, her knee length skirt swaying as she moved, the blue shirt matched her eyes. Backseat, take a backseat, she has someone mate.

"I..... No....... Nothing. He stopped and had tea. I......?" She puzzled with herself why she was even speaking about it. I couldn't help but smile as the ashen face appeared "He had tea and biscuits, why am I telling you this?" She puzzled.

"Well I asked, you responded" I found the two dirty tea cups in the sink, rinsing them clean.

"He drove me home, that's all. He's a friend"

"That's what they all say.... Clare you need to be careful. He wasn't just interested in tea" I was pushing her buttons like a typewriter, her eyes floating around thinking of the night, the laughter, the tea.

"Nothing happened alright! He's not interested in me. It was just tea! Shit why am I talking to you at all!" She slammed the fridge door and banged the milk carton on the table sloshing it everywhere. I got a cloth and cleaned.

Now to hit the return key, lever thingo, thingy bit...

"A bit frustrated Clare, you know that's not good for you, don't you"

She was up in my face as much as she could I was a bit taller and her eyes turned dark blue, holding me with hatred, maybe I hit a nerve a little bit too hard.

"God, Cap weirdo whatever your dumb name is, I am not frustrated" waving arms around .....all  frustrated like. "He drove me home!"

"Oh, I bet he did" I made a lurid movement with my hips and she was attacking. Holy shit! "Ouch! Christ, it was a joke. What are you? Twelve. A Chinese burn Clare, really?" I had the bright red arm to prove it.

"I couldn't think of another way to inflict pain easily" Her shoulders lifted in a shrug. "get out"

I was marched toward the door, passing the blanket of the beach. As I got to the door, I picked it up, handing it to her, a little gesture to make her remember all we shared.

Spit, tongues, kisses.

She shoved it back into my chest "Keep it"

I went to Paul's.