~8~

John

Guitar girl knows her stuff not only quickly realising the brand but the year too, pity we didn't chat about that before, might have made the trip a bit more bearable maybe... perhaps. Nah, I still would have dropped the bottles on her head.

We landed at Heathrow at eight in the morning, overcast with a high likelyhood of showers. The usual English weather had come to meet me.

She stood quickly, as soon as the seatbelt sign went off, and I watched as she galloped off the plane, never to be seen again.

Cupids lips, curvy hips and acid tongue- not a bad mix.

Meandering the busy concourse, I lit a smoke and slowly made my way toward the Executive Express. A coach to transfer myself, bag and, of course, guitar to the BEA aircraft which would take me to Glasgow.

A smaller plane which I don't fancy much but if I don't go on a plane I'd be stuck on a bus for damn days and driving... well me and driving don't mix all that much.

A steamroller belted into my side, knocking my smoke to the ground then kept going. Guitar 'pain in the butt' girl.

I wasn't up to running after her,that was my last smoke and now it was a squished pile of tobacco on the floor from the twenty or so shoes that subsequently rained down on it.

"Hey! You owe me a fag!"

"Send me a bill, Cap" she pushed through the crowded and I lost her in the sea.

As the bus moved between terminal and plane I watched the sky change from grey to patchy blue... 'Here comes the sun'.
George, I need to speak to him too. Maybe before I head back to the States.

George had been great help on the previous albums with guitar work. He was a genius compared to me but he was so cosmically challenged, meditating more than strumming at some sessions and I felt like giving him a bollocking more than the once.

Arrr second leg, hopefully Glasgow will be warm, it was spring but Scotland had its own weather.

Blustery winds or snow up to your arse. Linda said it was warm but she probably was setting me up, a bag full of bikinis for a snowstorm of below zero chill factors.

I hope she is doing the right thing..... not telling Paul.

'It will be fun, John. You rocking up out of the blue' she said.

'Be just like old times' she said.

Or it will be like old times. Icy stares, punches, and bricks. I deserve some, he deserves-

NO we are both going to be fine..just fine....