~23~

John

I slept for a bit, more doze than deep sleep then ate a muffin and apple from the fridge. Grabbed my guitar and walked to the car, nothing was moving, no wind in the trees, no sounds, no birds.

Finding Pauls was pretty simple, the map Linda left me at the cottage was well written. Explained exactly, each step,  written down like a mother to a child. Bloody cheeky cow.

Navigating through five gates was a right royal pain in the bum, if guitar girl had been driving she would have enjoyed the fact that I was unlatching and relatching so many gates, she would have driven off too, short bursts of annoying me no end.

Linda stood in the yard, child on hip, mother earth, pure simple nature, not a lick of makeup, simple brown dress and hair sweeping across her face with the breeze. I parked and she approached, the security guard of Maccas farm.

"Did you shut the gates properly, John" Already a bloody harping she goes.

"Yes Linda, shut them all except the first five" I smiled and touched the little one's chin, all big doe eyes and ash blonde hair. "Stella?"

"Yes, Stella" Linda shifted a hip and looked me up and down "You've lost weight, you look sick"

"Thank-you, you are as delightful as always" I glanced around looking for the person I was having a mini cardiac about meeting but he was nowhere in sight.

"He went for a walk with Mary and Heather before I woke. Look I didn't tell him" Linda watched my face as I gawked at her, unbelieving. "Go in there and wait. I've got to go into town to the doctor and do some errands"

And with that I was abandoned on a gravel courtyard amongst an assortment of kittens, chickens, geese and ducks.