A Slip of Mind/Redemption

Start from the beginning

"The terrace" he said, certain.

"Seb, you have to hurry. She is losing her mind."

***

The wind kept blowing, harder and colder, swinging Amy left and right. The hands were rougher now, scratching her, tearing her apart. She didn't care. She deserved it. It would soon be over, anyway.

I should have been dead instead of you, Val. I hope I get to see you once more.

The stars were so beautiful and the sky was calling to her. She let her body move forward, trying to reach for it.

"Amy, don't do it, please."

Hallucinations was the last thing she needed.

"Amy, turn around. I am here. I was always here, right outside your door." Sebastian was really there, thank the Deities. Too bad, Amy didn't deserve his pity.

"She is dead, Seb. I killed her. She was the only person who knew the truth, and that killed her."

Sebastian closed in to the ledge, with small quiet steps.

"You didn't kill her Amy. You got lost and Alice ambushed you. It's not your fault."

And what the fuck do you know?

Amy turned around and faced him.

"You think I am a little angel, don't you, Seb? Because you have this silly, pointless crush for me. You would do anything to save me, wouldn't you? So you can get what you want? Guess what, I am not a little princess you can just save. If you knew the truth, you wouldn't even want to touch me."

Sebastian looked at his feet. Surprisingly, he was smiling.

"What if I told you, I know exactly who you are, and I still like you, would you stand down? Or do I have to come there and rescue you like the little princess we both think you are?"

He extended his hand to her, but she continued standing hesitant on the ledge.

"Amy, do I really have to beg you? I don't want to lose another precious friend in a week. Quitting is not the answer. We all have demons, things you can't even imagine. We'll fight them together."

Is there really a salvation?

Amy jumped, and fell, thankfully, on the safety of the terrace.

"I am sorry Sebastian, I am sorry for everything."

His hands were around her, protecting her from the freezing cold.

"Seb, do you forgive me?"

He put two fingers in her lips, silencing her.

"There is nothing to forgive. And you don't have to lie anymore, Amy. Not to us. I know it's hard, but we all have our stories. The only way to heal yourself, is to trust the people who love you. Otherwise... you know what happens otherwise."

She nodded slowly and crawled closer to him.

"SEB!!!!!" John's and Mike's collective screams shook the air.

Mike opened the door and darted towards them.

"Is she ok?"

Without waiting for an answer he turned to Amy.

"Hey, Ice Queen, wake up. Today is not the day you die. I will not allow you to die. You are an idiot for even thinking about it. You gave us a scare and I'll never forgive you, hear me?"

Amy smiled at him, returning back to reality. John fondled her hair.

"You should be really proud, about the whole rescue operation we organized for you. But you are still really cold. You wouldn't mind if we took you back to your room for a second? I swear no doctor will come to you, except me. From now on, I am your private physician."