Something's brewing

-Alex's point of view-

7 hours ago.

I'm in a coffee shop where you can make personalized tumblr jugs or where you can make someone make you a personalized tumblr jug. I decided to make Casey a personalized jug as her birthday present. She always loved tumblrs and jugs, that were personalized or customized but never had a chance to, because she neither had time nor the effort. Time to make it and effort to find a place where they could make it for her.

A friend of mine told me about this shop over twitter, well, actually not really a friend and he didn't actually told persey, he just tweeted: "Here at tree leaf brew, The coffee's amazing. Love my new customized jug. Try it guys. @TreeLeafBrew" Good timing actually, I was searching for gift ideas when I refreshed my twitter timeline then, there he was. Talk about luck.

"So, pink or red?" The editor asked.

"Uhm, could you mix the colors, pink and blue? Maybe the background blue then pink for the font."

"ah, yeah sure. It would be done in two hours, would like to wait or come back for it?"

"I'll wait." Looking over my shoulder to find a free table.

"Okay then, I'll just call you. You're?"

"Alex."

I went to the cashier to order my drink.

I sat down and opened my laptop. I started writing. This is actually what i like about coffee shops. First of all, there's wifi, second, the food/drink's amazing and the chair's so comfortable, more comfortable than my bed. It's such a good place to write my book. To be clear,  I'm studying to be a writer.

I got a little bored and so I opened my music player and started to listen to some songs, Most of the time I get my inspirations from the songs I listen to.

-Zayn's point of view-

8 hours ago.

Once me and the boys planned to have separate locations for our break, I got up and drove to California, not really far from here but the paparazzi will be focusing on somewhere quiter. Los angeles CA, is not. Louis texted me: "I'll miss you."

Then I replied, "I'll miss you too, man." I smirked.

After one hour of complete peace, I finally reached my first stop, Tree leaf brew.

 Such a long time since I've been here. Once I entered the door the smell of coffee and tea smacked you with the presence of the air. When I was on my way to the cashier, I saw this girl. Black long hair, white as pearls skin, sitting in front of her laptop, and from what I can see, she's listening to music. I almost bumped into someone when I gazed upon her. She looked so lovely, that it distracted me from life and reality. I ordered one lemon grass tea and waited on the pick-up section while staring at her.

Her smile kept me captive until the barista called a name out loud with its order: "One Iced mocha latte for Alex." I saw the barista look at the girl's direction. Maybe she's Alex.

Then the barista called another order: "One lemon grass tea for Zayn." I grabbed mine and hers, the barista didn't ask for the receipt just because I was Zayn.

I headed at her direction, She looks so pretty.

"Hi, are you Alex?"

-Alex's point of view-

I looked up, noticing a figure infront of my laptop. And then I saw ...

Zayn fucking Malik. What the ?

I removed my earphones and said: "Uhm, sorry?"

"Are you Alex?" He repeated.

"Ah, yes. Thank you" I said, accepting my drink.

He sat down in front of me. Oh my Goooooooooood. What am I suppose to say, jeez. Okay okay, Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale....

"Don't mind me asking, " He started talking. Exhale girl, exhale. Damn it, why is there no carbon exiting my mouth. Oh God, I'm gonna dieeeeee. Get it together girl.

"Uhm. Yes?" Phew, exhale.

"Why is a girl like you, on friday afternoon chilling on a coffee shop alone?" He smiled. Damn, just looking at him, can make me freeze.

"Ah," I can't think of anything to say. "... A girl like me?"  nice one Alex.

"Yeah, someone with beautiful eyes, beautiful white skin, beautiful black long hair, beautiful smile and someone beautiful." Did he just say that? to me? Alexandria Juliano?

"Shouldn't you be like, out with you friends ... or with your boyfriend?" He said the "boyfriend" part in a different way, like he's asking me out at the same time he's asking me if I'm single.

"I'm single." I said immediately. WTF?!

"Well that's good to know." He smiled.

I smiled. He looked into my eyes, I looked away.

 The air filled with so much awkwardness.

"...Well, I'm waiting for my friend's gift to finish. Personalized tumblr."

"Oh, today's her birthday?" He said in response, I nodded. Damn it, I've totally run out of things to say.

"... Uhm, Zayn?" I asked, he looked up. Oh Goddammit, he looks so nice and gentle and sooooooooooooooooooo handsome.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing here? Aren't you like, supposed to be on tour with the boys?"

"You haven't heard the news?" I shook my head no.

"Well, me and the boys decided to have some time off before our tour start again next month. And to keep the paparazzi as far as we can, we decided to stay at different places, it will keep the media on pause. I decided to stay here. It's more comfortable, I love california."

I smiled as he continued with his story, we talked for an hour or so, he ordered some pie, we shared. Then, he asked things about me. We talked and talked and talked until the editor called my name.

"Uhm, can you wait a while?" I asked, as if he's gonna leave me.

"Ah, yeah. Sure" He responded.

 -Zayn's pointof view-

Alex left, and I was left with thoughts.

Woooooow, that girl's beautiful.

I need to know her more. I need to see her again. Would it be weird if I ask her out? But She's really beautiful, inside and out. Zayn, man, get a hold of yourself. You just met this girl. Don't get the butterflies, not yet anyway.

She came back and showed me the tumblr. She looks so cute while telling me why she picked thosecolors. Okay, Zayn. Tell her now. Ask her out. Come on,

"Alex," I started.

"Hmm?" She looked so beautiful.

"Would you like to go with me at the beach tomorrow?" Beach?! seariously? She's just gonna turn me down, I mean, this is Cali, ofcourse she's downright bored with beaches.

"I would love to." She smiled. "I love going to the beach." 

"Thank you. I thought you were gonna turn me down."

"Well, no problem Mr. Malik." She smiled again. I love the way she said, "Mr. Malik"

"Let's meet up? Here, 11?" I asked.

"Perfect." She giggled. Breathtaking.

"It's a date then." I smiled. She looked at me, weirdly.

"Date?"

"Yes, if you give me the honors." I asked her.

"I would love that."