9. Right On Time

Chapter Theme Song: Lana Del Rey - Burning Desire (Can you make me feel like home, if I tell you your mine.)

He was right, I did know. I let out a breath before I spoke.

"Who cares about all the guys in the past, Tommy. It doesn't mean anything now. You're who I want to be with." I couldn't believe what just came out of my mouth. Did I really just put it all out there like that? So soon? Oh crap, what was I thinking? After all these years, was I finally admitting how I felt? Was he?

Danielle's POV

After I spoke, he just stared at me with those hard eyes. Finally, he turned and furiously headed towards the door. I sighed. Great, he's leaving.

Then, he made a u-turn and grabbed my face so I was looking into his eyes. I didn't move. I couldn't. He began to brush his thumb along my jaw line. I shivered. I felt as though I couldn't breathe.

He pulled his face closer to mine and I could feel his warm breath on my face. Finally, he crushed his lips to mine in a fast and quick movement. I responded immediately and deepened the kiss. My heart was racing. The kiss felt amazing. His lips were just as soft as I remembered and I could feel his desperation with every motion. He moved his hands to my waist and pulled me closer. I placed my hands on his shoulders for support. I didn't want it to end.

Then, the phone rang. He slowly pulled away and went to answer it.

"Hello?" He said, clearly annoyed. I grinned and looked down.

"Hey, Tommy. It's Brendan."

He put the phone on speaker.

"Hey, how's it going?" Tommy asked, scratching his head and seating himself into one of the kitchen chairs.

"Good. So how do you like the place?"

"It's nice...Thanks."

"I'm glad... So,Tess and I were wondering if you wanted to meet up for breakfast."

He turned to look at me. I shrugged and nodded.

"Yeah, why not?" He said.

After I had gotten out of the shower, I grabbed a towel and went to Tommy's room to get grab some of his clothes. I would have to stop by my sister's on the way. That's where my stuff were.

I saw that Tommy unpacked some of his clothes, so I opened the closest drawer to me to find something.
There wasn't much, so I just reached for the second top drawer I saw and stopped when I felt something.

I took the shirt off of it and saw two orange pill bottles. The one that had no label on it was practically half empty. The other read Prozasin. It was close to full.

Just then. I heard a knock on the door that startled me. I closed the drawer as fast as I could.

"You ready to go?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah one minute." I called out.

***

Tommy and I walked into the café to see that Tess and Brendan were already waiting near the back of the restaurant.

Tommy walked in first and I followed behind him. When we got there, Brendan was distracted so Tess nudged his leg slightly when she saw us.

"Over here." She called out as they both stood up.

"Morning." I said cheerfully.

"Hi, how are you guys?" Tess approached me with a hug. "It's nice to see you again, Danielle."