18. Fear

12 PM

Danielle's POV

I had no idea what time it was, but it couldn't have been more than a few hours that had past. I was lying on the couch, my hair sprawled out to the side, but I wasn't tied up or anything. That was good. I could still try to make a run for it.

Luca, who was standing alone by the curtained window, turned around and noticed I was awake.

"Why did you make me have to do that to you, Dani?" He asked.

I still didn't speak. I couldn't speak. My head throbbed as I finally sat up and began to look around. This was still happening. It wasn't a dream like I had hoped once my eyes began to flutter open. I brought my feet to the edge of the couch and stood up slowly.

What did Luca want from me anyway? Revenge? That all seemed too simple. He wasn't just some guy I ratted on. He used to be my boyfriend... and now he had me trapped in my own house. My heart was pounding like a hammer against a nail and it was all because of him.

"It's dark in here," Luca noted like I wasn't just waking up from a hit to the back of the head he gave me a few hours before.

He sighed. "Let's get some sunlight in here since I'll be staying with you for a while."

Staying with me? Was it too late for me to be still hoping that Tommy would come back? I'd do anything to have him back here right now.

****

Tess' POV

I walked back into Tommy's apartment to see him sitting on the couch in the same spot he was in the first time I came in. I headed toward the kitchen with my bag of his groceries.

Brendan and I had stopped at the store on the way over and picked up some stuff for Tommy. I was glad the Brendan was spending time with his brother after all these years. Plus Tommy was over the house so much that I no longer cared if I had to run around the house in a bra and panty in front of him.

"Hey, Tommy..." I began. "Where's Dani?" I asked as I placed a bag on the table. If he wasn't going to help Brendan and I, he would at least have a conversation with me.

Tommy stopped looking at the TV for a moment, and turned to me. There was a slight pause, then he said,"Home, I assume," with slight bitterness. He continued to stare blindly ahead at the TV, but I could tell he wasn't all that engrossed in any of it.

"Oh, well did you two talk?" I know my questions were starting to get personal, but I didn't care. After all the fuss Dani was making about being more open with Tommy, I wanted to know.

"Yea we did," he answered, still not really looking at me.

"Hmm." I said. Well at least I tried. He didn't really seem in the mood to talk. Understandable. The anniversary of his mother's death was coming up. I could see why he might be feeling a little bummed out.

"Well good," I added. It wasn't really the response I was hoping for, but at least I had filled the quota for the required "daily Tommy talk".

I turned to the front door to see Brendan coming in with the last bag. I let out a sigh of relief. With Brendan here at least it wasn't awkward anymore.

When Brendan put his bag down, he came over to me. "You ready to go?" He whispered.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Hey, Tommy, we're talking off." Brendan announced.

"Oh, yea?" Tommy said, getting up from he couch. "Thanks for the stuff," He had his hands in his pockets, but had a huge smile on his face as he rubbed his hands through his hair. A lot different than how he was earlier when we came in