4. Welcome Home

Pennsylvania, PA February 18

Two days. Two fucking days until I would finally see Tommy again. I felt like I was going mad.

I was staying with my sister and her husband, James, since they lived relatively close to Brendan.

I knew exactly what I was going to wear and exactly when I would arrive. When Brendan texted me, he said I should show up a little later to surprise him.

I also wanted to give Tommy time to catch up with his family so I added an hour or two. I had gone through a million scenarios of what would happen and how he might react, in my head.

I ran into Anna's room and jumped her bed.

"What the hell's the matter with you?' She laughed turning down the TV. James, was out of town on a business trip.

"Oh, nothing." I smiled. I picked up her pillow and screamed into it.

"Hey...relax you're gonna wake up Beth." She finally understood. "This is about Tommy, isn't it?"

"Yes," I nodded. I couldn't stop smiling.

She rolled her eyes. "I'd be careful if I were you. If you act this annoying around him, he'll probably pummel you. "

"Oh, shut up." I retorted. I really didn't have anything to say to her. I just wanted someone to express my feelings to.

"So...Tommy the fighter, eh?"

"Yeah..." I raised an eyebrow at her. "What are you trying to say?"

"Oh, nothing..." She got up to brush her teeth. "I just can't say I'm surprised."

I frowned at her.

"I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", she whispered on her way out.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Just forget I said anything..." She called out.

I waited for her to come back into the room. "If you're happy...I'm happy," She smiled.

"You better be." I teased.

"I am." She sighed. "Now, I love you, but you need to get the hell outta my room, Dani."

I laughed. "OK. I'm going."

Tommy's POV

The icy wind whipped past me, burning my face. "Ah, fuck!" I grumbled under my breath.

Brendan's car edged closer to where I stood inside the prison gates. The car stopped and Brendan got out of the car, smiling like an idiot.

"What the fuck are you so happy for?" I teased and he pulled me into one one of his burly hugs. After he released me, we headed towards the car.

"You hungry? Tess made dinner back at my place. Shane, Mike , Pilar and the kids, they're all there...Paddy too. "

He looked at me, unsure of how I would react. I didn't. I shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm hungry."

"Uncle Leo and the gang are coming down from Memphis. They'll be there a little later. It's nothing big, just..."

"What.. like some kind of welcome home party? Hey... I hate that kind of shit, man. Everybody hugging up and telling each other their life stories and shit."

"It won't be that bad, trust me." He assured me, while opening my door.

"Whatever." He laughed, while I threw my things in the back and sat down.