7. In Your Arms Again

11 PM

"Can we stop to pick something up?" Tommy asked me, once we were in the car.

"Yeah, sure. What are we getting?"

"Just a few things... like extra toothbrushes and whatnot...some groceries...I don't know if anywhere 'round here's open..." I peered at him through the corner of my eye and could have sworn I saw his mouth form a small grin.

I blushed and looked forward. Was he implying that I was staying the night? Not that I was complaining. I was too tired to make a second trip anyway.

April 1998

Tommy furiously walked into my room, and shut the door.

"Hey, not so freaking loud. I don't get what you're so upset about."

"Are you fucking stupid? Why would you fuck a guy like Tyler? After everything my mom went thr..." He began.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, folding my arms.

"I know him, he beats the crap out of his girlfriends." He paused. "Is he the first guy you've..."

"No", I said quickly. He looked hurt for a quick second and walked towards my closet. Then, he turned back around to face me, still visibly upset. I didn't have the guts to tell him that I had never done any of that stuff yet.

"God, relax Tommy! I didn't know! Anyway, he never hit me." I shrugged.

"Don't tell me to fucking relax. I want you to stay away from him."

"Alright!" I screamed by accident. I just wanted him to shut the hell up. My mom was in the kitchen and I didn't want her to hear.

"But, why the hell are you telling me? Shouldn't you yell at him?" I asked, quieter this time.

"I already did...I broke his fucking nose."

"Shit..." I said. He began to look away from me, finally calming down.

"I get it, he's bad news. I'll stay away from him." I assured him, moving closer and hugging him. He reluctantly hugged me back.

"Promise me." He said.

"I promise." I said, looking up from his chest.

PRESENT

"Key, please?" I grinned up at Tommy and he handed it to me.

I carefully opened the door. "After you." I let  him go in first, while I carried the two bags.

"Jesus, look at this place."

When I got inside, I followed his gaze. "Wow, they really outdid themselves. They even bought you furniture and everything."

"Yeah...this is definitely better than prison...Uh you can put the bags down on the counter." He said probably regretting mentioning it.

I walked into the modernly decorated kitchen, put the bags down and started to look around.

"It's beautiful. I thought Brendan said it was nothing big..."

He shrugged. "Well, he's got the money, so..."

After examining the place, we finally reached the bedroom and Tommy sat down on the bed.

"Oh, I just remembered! I have something to give you."

"What?"

I took out a framed photograph that Anna took of me and handed it to him.