29. "Just go with it, yeah?"

Hey hey, Nuša's here again. Sorry I take so long to write, I just don't have inspiration. I'm still writing the mafia au if you want to read it, but that's all. Thanks for waiting around:))

Inspired by a prompt I found on tumblr.
~~

Who would've thought? Yuuri finally got a date. And not any other date, a date with the most popular guy on the school.

Yuuri couldn't be happier. Whatever happened, Yuuri was grateful.

He had a crush on this guy ever since he first lay his eyes on him. Yuuko has warned him about the guy. Apparently he was a heartbreaker and a womanizer. Though Yuuri was a boy, so he didn't know if that applied to him as well.

Yuuri texted him that they should meet around four at a restaurant not far from school. Yuuri often dined there and the food was amazing.

They decided on late lunch, around four, before Yuuri had practice at six that day. He still loved ice skating, even after so many years.

Yuuri sat down at a table in the corner of the restaurant. The room wasn't crowded, but there was a few people in it.

Waitress came and stood in front of Yuuri. "Hello, sir, what can I help you with today?"

"Ah I'll wait a little. I'm waiting for a friend," Yuuri replied with a smile. The red haired girl nodded and returned the smile, before walking back to the counter.

Yuuri impatiently tapped onto the table with his fingers and took out his phone. Ten minutes passed and there was no sign of him.

Where was he?

Yuuri thought about texting him, but that would seem way too desparate and he did not want to sound desparate.

In all truthfulness, he was way too desparate.

Though, Yuuri didn't lose hope and still waited. Half an hour passed, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Yuuri checked his messages again to see if he misspelled the address of the restaurant or something.

He checked so many times, he himself wasn't sure if it was correct.

The waitress came again, after an hour. "Are you sure you don't want to order anything?"

"Uh, can I have a lemonade?" he quickly answered and looked at the time. It was five o'clock.

He could feel the stares of pity, people were giving him as if they figured out, the boy was stood up.

Yuuri sighed as he supported his head with one hand, while he played a game with the other. He paid for lemonade and groaned.

He felt so bad. Did he do something wrong? Was he not enough?

Yuuri was always a nerd, the big glasses were giving it away. But knowing that, Yuuri was quite the anxious person. The anxiety wasn't helping him, while he waited for his crush to arrive.

Was he not good enough?

Was he boring?

Did his crush find him annoying?

Yuuri sighed and took a sip of his lemonade when it arrived. The waitress gave him a look of pity.

Yuuri went back playing a game on his phone. Why was he still here? Shouldn't he leave?

He's been here for almost an hour and a half and he was nowhere to be seen. Yuuri pushed his glasses up to his forehead and rubbed his eyes. Was it worth it waiting for him?

"Hey, babe, sorry I'm late," a man with silver hair said as he sat down at the opposide side of the table.

Yuuri has never seen him before, but damn the man stood out from the rest.

His eyes were colored like the ocean, his hair covered part of his face, that maybe stood out the most, since it was not natural for most people to have silver hair.

Yuuri's eyes widened as he tried to speak but the mystery man cut him off. "I'm Viktor. Just go with it, yeah? Whoever stood you up, should feel bad for doing so," he smiled at Yuuri, and he felt his cheeks turning red. Yuuri figured he'd go along with it. There was nothing to lose.

He just met the guy, though.

"I-I'm, uh, Yuuri. My name's Yuuri," Yuuri replied and smiled awkwardly  at the man.

"Well then, Yuuri," Viktor smiled. "Maybe we should actually order something, seeing you waiting for so long. You must be hungry,"

"Ah, yeah," Yuuri nodded and looked away, blushing.

The waitress actually felt relieved, someone saved Yuuri from his misery. Of course she knew Viktor wasn't Yuuri's date. Oh, no. Mila has prepared everything for Viktor to meet his long time crush, who just happened to dine in the same restaurant as him. She had another plan, but seeing Yuuri was stood up, she thought of another idea. And it probably worked.

She walked over to the two. "What can I get you to eat, gentlemen?" she asked while giving Viktor a wink.

Yuuri and Viktor ordered.

The food was there in no time. Viktor and Yuuri talked and got along very well.

Yuuri forgot about his training and texted Calestino he wouldn't make it. He never ditched training, but this time he wouldn't mind skipping it once.

After the dinner that Viktor paid (Yuuri tried to tell him he can pay, but Viktor refused and paid for Yuuri also), they started walking down the park and sat on the bench there.

"So Yuuri?" Viktor asked as they sat down. It was in the beginning of September and it was getting quite cold. "Would you go out with me? For real this time?"

Yuuri looked at him in confusion. "I thought you did that just because you pitied me,"

"Ah, that was only a part of the reason," Viktor smiled. "The other part of the reason is because I think you're cute and I want to spend more time with you,"

Yuuri lost count of how many times he blushed, during the dinner with Viktor. The older man didn't seem to have any filter or limit when he was throwing compliments Yuuri's way.

"Then I'll do it," Yuuri smiled at Viktor. "Thanks,"

"Anytime,"