Viktuuri week: Snow queen au

3rd day of Viktuuri week

Hasetsu was a village far away from the big kingdom and people there were warm and friendly. Everyone loved everyone and there were no fights between them.

One thing became a habit in that city that was nowhere else. The children that were bad weren't told that they're not getting Christmas presents, no they got told that they were going to get taken by a snow queen.

Nobody knew where the origin of the tale came from, but the snow queen or ice queen was a popular tale in that village. Some people believed it, some didn't. Some thought it was such a silly story, some said they've seen the snow queen.

Meet Yuuri. He was your typical 12 year old boy, who liked to ice skate. He would ice skate with Yuuko and her boyfriend Takeshi all the time and it was fun.

"I'll help with dinner," Yuuri exclaimed and helped his mother prepare everything. He was a hardworking boy and everyone in the village loved him. They knew about his love for ice skating and they always warned him about the dangers, but he never listened.

The Nishigori family was over for dinner that evening and Yuuri was happy for Yuuko to get someone like Takeshi, though he hated him for half of his life.

"Hey, Yuuko?" Yuuri asked after dinner. "Do you want to go ice skate tomorrow morning?" he asked his best friend, but the girl just sighed. "I can't. I have to help my parents. Maybe later?"

"That sounds great," Yuuri smiled, though he was sad Yuuko wouldn't be able to join him. Just as Yuuko read his mind, she stated. "If you go, please take someone with you just in case,"

Yuuri smiled and nodded, but didn't promise anything. Everyone was so sick about his love for ice skating. Although his family supported him, it was just hard to see him choose such a dangerous sport for his love.

When the morning came, Yuuri grabbed his skates not asking anyone to go with him and ran towards the frozen lake that was less than a mile away from the village.

He really didn't mind walking if ice skating was the thing to get for his reward. He smiled as he got closer to the lake and put on his ice skates, before skating a few circles around the ice, just to feel where the bumps on the ice were.

Yuuri closed his eyes and took a deep breath, before starting to dance. He heard the melody in his ears, just like it would be in the air and closed his eyes to feel the air and the rush around him.

He was doing his jump as his eyes caught something hidden between the snow, like silver hair and a gray coat, so he awkwardly landed. The pain in his ankle was almost unbearable, but the figure in the snow started coming closer and it freaked him out.

A white dog, he looked just like a poodle he owned not long ago, but like ... like it was made out of snow.

His eyes went wide as the figure smiled at him. At first it looked like a female, since the long hair was giving it away, but once he was closer, Yuuri could see the sharper jaw and male features.

"Yuuri," he spoke and touched Yuuri's cheek. His hands were cold and warm at the same time and it freaked Yuuri out.

He had no idea what happened, before he passed out.

Yuuri woke up on his bed. He shook his head at the dream he had and tried to ignore the fact that it was just a dream. It must have been, right?

He was in his bed, it's not like the mystery figure would bring him back, right? Right?

Yuuri stepped on his feet and realized the ankle didn't hurt, so it was a dream. He let out the breath he was holding and walked to the kitchen, where he greeted his family.

"How did you sleep?" His mother asked him and smiled at him.

"There's a big pile of snow outside. I have to get to work," his father sighed as Yuuri was eating.

"Wait, I'll do it, don't worry!" Yuuri exclaimed, not wanting to worry his father too much. He knew about his problems with his back.

"Oh, well thank you, Yuuri,"

~

Yuuri sighed as he took the shovel and started his work. It wasn't long as he sighed and wiped the sweat off his forehead and flopped down in the snow.

A bark snapped him out of his thoughts about his unusual dream. He looked from where the bark came from and saw the dog. The white dog he'd seen in his dream.

"You're real?!" he exclaimed and tried to catch the dog. Even through his gloves he could feel the coldness of the snow.

The dog barked again and started running away. "Hey wait!" Yuuri exclaimed behind it and ran with him.

They ran for some time, Yuuri didn't mind, he had stamina from ice skating.

"Makkachin," the same voice he's heard before said. Yuuri's eyes widened as he turned around to see the beautiful man from yesterday.

"Oh, you brought a guest," the figure smiled and got closer to Yuuri, who just slowly took a step back, but accidentally tripped over a pile of snow and landed on the floor.

"I'm not going to hurt you, don't worry," the figure offered him a hand, but Yuuri didn't take it.

"A-Are you the snow queen?" Yuuri stammered out.

"Is that what they call me these days?" the man laughed and sat down next to Yuuri. "My name is Viktor and I've seen you skate. It's beautiful,"

"Viktor..-" Yuuri mumbled to himself. "That doesn't sound scary,"

"I guess people are just afraid of what they don't know," Viktor shrugged and lay down in snow. Where his long silver hair touched the snow, ice crystals formed and Yuuri just watched amazed.

"A-Are you going to hurt me?" Yuuri asked as Makkachin placed himself in the boy's lap.

"What no!" Viktor felt weird. "I just wanted a friend."

Yuuri didn't realize how beautiful Viktor's eyes were. Like two blue crystals, shining in all their glory.

"Will you be my friend?"

Yuuri smiled and nodded.

~

"Swear to god, Yuuri," Viktor sighed. It's been almost 10 years and Yuuri and Viktor became unseparatable.

Yuuri would spend all his time in the mountains, where Viktor lived and Viktor would teach him to ice skate.

Friendship became something more and Yuuri was sad he couldn't tell his parents about it. Or anyone by that point, they would just do something horrible.

Viktor's long hair was shorter now, it shocked Yuuri when he one day just saw a different person than he knew, but he loved Viktor nonetheless.

He would always.

"Are you okay?" Yuuri failed to do the jump he intended to do, but Viktor was there to help him.

He sat down next to the injured boy and cuddled him in his arms.

"I am, thanks to you,"

~

Monday: Royal au, which I switched up a little bit

Tuesday: Mafia au

Wednesday: Snow Queen au

Thursday: Assassin au

Friday: Neko au

Saturday: Soulmate au

Sunday: Demon au