Chapter 9

Starlight Glimmer bursted through the door, and stepped inside as she said "Where is she? Where is she?!" "Ah, eh, w-where is she?" Dr. Caballeron muttered. "Oh, I-I sent her up to her room." "Why did you let her escape?!" Starlight Glimmer asked. "What's your alibi this time, nitwit?!" "Nitwit?" Dr. Caballeron asked. "Don't blame me, Starlight. Those nephews of yours, they're supposed to be patrolling the island. They let her get away!" Starlight Glimmer scoffed, and looked at Snips and Snails as she said "My precious nephews. We know who caught that ungrateful little filly, don't we, hmm?" "That's right, Aunt Starlight." Snips and Snails said at the same time. Spike and Barb spotted them through the window, used their necklaces to shrink to the size of a mouse, and went through the pipe as Dr. Caballeron said "It was your brilliant idea to use the little filly for this caper. If you'd left it to me-!" Starlight Glimmer interrupted him as she said "Dr. Caballeron, you're not thinking." "I know, I know." Dr. Caballeron said. "She's the only one small enough to squeeze down the black hole."

"Yes, but why can't she find my big diamond?" Starlight Glimmer asked as Spike and Barb quietly got out of the vent, and hid under a table. Dr. Caballeron held up some jewels up to Starlight Glimmer as he said "I don't know, but just look at these beauties that she brought up from the cave. Oh, they'll sell for a lot of cold cash." In a fit of rage, Starlight Glimmer slapped Dr. Caballeron's hooves, making him drop the jewels as he said "OW! I wish you wouldn't do that!" "She's insane!" Barb whispered as Spike nodded. "Utterly mad." "I want that diamond." Starlight Glimmer said in anger. "I've got to have the Pony Devil's Eye! You didn't leave the filly down in the cave long enough!" "She won't take orders!" Dr. Caballeron said. Starlight Glimmer then got in his face as she said "You are too soft." "But the water was rising, and the tide was coming in, and all she did down there was fuss about her Smarty Pants getting wet!" Dr. Caballeron said. "Doc, you don't have a way with foals." Starlight Glimmer said. "You must gain their confidence. Make them like you." "Yeah?" Dr. Caballeron asked. "How do you do that?"

"YOU FORCE THEM TO LIKE YOU, IDIOT!!" Starlight Glimmer said. "At the next low tide, I am going to put her down there myself, and keep her there until she finds it. It is as simple as that!" "Oh it's as simple as that, is it?" Dr. Caballeron asked. "Well, your the boss, boss." "Yes, now come along, my nephews." Starlight Glimmer said as she started to leave the room. "Okay, Aunt Starlight." Snips and Snails said at the same time as they started to follow their aunt. "We gotta get Sweetie Belle out of here tonight." Spike said quietly as he and Barb attempted to come out of hiding. They both hid from sight as Snips and Snails walk by to follow Starlight Glimmer. Suddenly, Snips smelt something as he said "Hey, what's that smell?" "Uh-oh." Spike said. "Barb, they smell your perfume!" "Oh, dear." Barb said in fear. "Hey, I smell something too!" Snails said. They both tracked the smell, and found the little dragons as Snips said "Oh, boy! Little critters to destroy!" He picked up Spike with his magic as the dragon screamed. He punched him as he said "Ouch!" Spike ran for his life as Snips chased after him. He climbed on the curtains as Snips and Snails tore it off with their magic, and they began struggling in there as Barb said "Oh no!" "Barb!" Spike said. "HELP!" Barb got in the torn curtain as she said "Let go, you-you-you big bullies you!" The dragons ran out of the curtain, and into the organ pipes. Snips and Snails ran to the organ, and Snips started playing on it while Snails was trying to catch them from the pipes, making a lot of noise. Starlight Glimmer was in her room, and reading a map when she heard the noise. She got irritated, and started to walk out as Snips pressed very hard on the keys, and Spike flew out of one of the pipes. Snips ran to catch it while Snails crashed through the pipes to follow his brother. Snips caught Spike as he said "Got him!" "Yeah!" Snails said as Barb gasped.