Chapter 6

After five minutes of getting ready, Gustave was ready to take off. Spike went up the stairs as he said "Eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve." He stopped, and said "Oh no." He looked at Barb, and said "There are thirteen steps on this ramp." Barb giggled, and said "Why don't you jump the last one?" Spike jumped the thirteenth step, and he, and Barb sat down in their seats as Gustave cleared his throat, and said "This is your captain speaking. Welcome aboard, folks. Fasten your seatbelts. No smoking. Just sit back, and leave the driving to me." He laughed at what he said as Spike fastened his seatbelt, and said "Miss Barb, be sure it's fastened good and tight." "I can't." Barb said. "It'll wrinkle my scales." "Say, bud, read the checklist to me." Spike looked down on the checklist, and said "Oh yeah. Goggles down." Gustave put the goggles on his eyes, and said "Check." Spike looked at the checklist, and said "Wing flaps down." Gustave flapped his wings, and said "Check." Spike looked at the checklist, and said "Tail feathers." Gustave shook his tail feathers, and said "Double check." Spike looked at the checklist, and his face paled in fear as he said "If at first you don't suceed, try, try again." "And here we go!" Gustave said as he started running. "I sure wish we'd taken the train." Spike muttered in fear. Gustave then leapt off the edge of the airport, and dove down. "Oh, I just love takeoffs!" Barb said as Gustave pulled up, and started flying. "Captain, you fly beautifully. It's just like being on a roller coaster." Gustave suddenly went past a red light, and Spike glared at it as he said "He just went through a red light." "Oh, I do that all the time, darling." Barb said. "Now, come on. Stop worrying." She gave Spike a kiss on the cheek, and he smiled as he blushed.

The two dragons looked down below, and admired the view from their ride. Soon it started raining, and Spike held up an umbrella to keep himself, and Barb from getting wet. Eventually, it stopped raining, and a beautiful rainbow appeared as Spike put the umbrella away. A few moments, night fell, and Spike was reading a book while using a flashlight while Barb was settling down for a nap. "Listen to this, It says here that Devil Pony's Bayou is uncharted, and hazardous. Each day's operation is..." "That's interesting." Barb said in a tired tone. "Must be..." Spike said. "Good night, dear." Barb said as she fell asleep on Spike's shoulder. "Planned with care, and..." Spike said. He then held onto Barb as he fell asleep, and said "Good night, Barb."

-Meanwhile at Devil Pony's Bayou-

At the riverboat, Sweetie Belle quietly made her way out of the front door, and walked down the plank while she held onto Smarty Pants with her magic. She made her way to the swamp as the lights in the riverboat were turned on by her ponynapper. "Sweetie Belle!" Starlight Glimmer called out. "Sweetie Belle? Sweetie Belle, answer me! Sweetie Belle?!" Sweetie Belle didn't answer, and she continued to run off. Starlight Glimmer walked out the front door with her nephews, Snips and Snails, and looked up as she said "Dr. Caballeron! Dr. Caballeron, get down here!" Dr. Caballeron ran outside, and looked down on them as he said "What's up, Starlight? What's going on?!" "That little filly brat has escaped again!" Starlight Glimmer said. She looked at her nephews, and said "Snips, Snails, bring her back, colts!" "Yes, Aunt Starlight!" Snips and Snails said at the same time as they took off to find Sweetie Belle. Starlight Glimmer then got into a motorboat, and tried to get it started, but was having a difficult time doing so. She growled in frustration as she said "Why won't it start?!" Dr. Caballeron then went up to her as she said "Dr. Caballeron, what's wrong?!" "I don't know." Dr. Caballeron said. "It was working good yesterday." "Oh, shut up!" Starlight Glimmer said. "Send up flares! Light up the swamp, so I can find her!" She finally got the motorboat started, and took off as Dr. Caballeron went into below the riverboat, and started shooting off fireworks to make the swamp bright enough for her, and her nephews to find Sweetie Belle.