Chapter 1

Everypony gathered together, and the meeting had begun. An alicorn with a light cerulean, light turquoise, very light cobalt blue, and pale heliotrope mane, pale, light grayish magenta eyes, and a sun for her cutie mark named Princess Celestia cleared her throat, got everypony's attention, and said "The emergency meeting of the Equestrian Rescue Aid Society is now in session. Delegates, you have been summoned from all over Equestria, because we have reason to believe that somepony is in distress. As you know, our society has never failed to answer a call for help." The ponies cheered and nodded in agreement. "We will face the portrait of the beloved founder of our society, Star Swirled The Bearded." Princess Celestia said. "Delegates, hooves over hearts, and recite the vow." As the ponies and Spike began to recite the vow, a little female dragon who looks like Spike named Barb walked through the entrance to the meeting, and Spike, and the ponies looked at her as she walked to her desk. By the time they finished reciting the vow, she sat down in her chair.

"Pony Scouts, bring in the bottle." Princess Celestia said as the Pony Scouts brought in the bottle with the note inside. "Spike, if you please." Spike ran up, and climbed on a few stairs much to his relief, because he had a case of triskaidekaphobia which is the fear of the number thirteen. He melted the top of the bottle without burning the message with his fire breath, and he gave the message to Princess Celestia who opened it, and started to read it. "To Morningside Orphanage, Manehatten." Princess Celestia said. She tried to read the rest, but the message was too blurry. "It's difficult to decipher. I can't make it out." Barb got up from her seat, approached the princess, and said "May I see the message?" Princess Celestia nodded, and gave it to her. Barb squinted her eyes at the letter, and said "I am in terrible trouble." She looked at the watered out message, and said "Oh, dear. It's all watered out." She looked down below the paper, and said "Hurry. Help. Sweetie Belle." "Sweetie Belle?" Princess Celestia said. "Morningside Orphanage? Dash it all, it's not much to go on, is it?" Barb frowned, and said "Oh, that poor little filly. Oh, Princess Celestia, please, may I have this assignment?"

"You? Miss Barb?" Princess Celestia asked. Barb nodded. Princess Celestia sighed, and said "I mean, it's not like the old days when it was a pony's world. However, I suppose there has to be a first time. Spike pulled Princess Celestia's tail, and she looked at him as he said "Uh, Princess Celestia, I don't think Barb should go. It could be dangerous. I mean, anything could happen to her." Barb smiled at Spike, because he cares about her well being. Princess Celestia looked at Barb, and said "You see, dear dragon, before our janitor interrupted, I was about to suggest that you should have a co-agent go with you." She looked at the ponies, and said "Mares and gentlecolts, who will volunteer?" Everypony raised her hooves in the air as Barb looked at them, and said "Everypony, this is indeed a most difficult decision to make." She looked around, and then she looked at Spike as she said "I choose Spike to be my co-agent." Spike looked at Barb in shock, because he never expected her to pick him. "Oh, that's really very...No, I'm only a janitor." "Oh, come on." Barb said smiling at Spike. "We'll be a great team together!" "Um..." Spike said. Barb held on to Spike's claw, and said "Oh, come on!" Spike blushed, smiled, and said "Oh, all right. I'll do it." Everypony cheered, and said "Bravo! Bravo!" "A janitor, Barb?" Princess Celestia asked as Barb nodded. "Good heavens. Bless my soul." With the princess's blessing, Spike and Barb went off to rescue Sweetie Belle.