Chapter 6 Leo

Hope you enjoy the chapter!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Ο Διακυρίττεσθαι  Άντεξελαύνω Νύξ

Leo

I swiped my hand threw the Iris message, and walked out of the lounge. The prophecy had given me a strange feeling in my stomach. What if this prophecy had to do with us? What if I lost one of my friends because of it? After all, it did say one would fall while the others stand. I mulled over this thought, while I walked up the stairs and on the deck of the ship.

I walked over to the railing and stared off at the horizon. If I was a part of this prophecy, then my search for Calypso would have to be postponed. No, I couldn’t do that to her; she has been stuck on that island for too long. Besides who said that the prophecy was going to take place anytime soon, for all we know it could take place a hundred years from now.

‘Enemies will bear arms and go up north.’ That line kept running through my head. Enemies, who were the enemies? It couldn’t be the Romans, we were getting along well with them now, and we don’t have any rival groups at the moment, well at least not that we know of. I thought and thought but couldn’t come up with anyone that would be considered enemies to us.

I dismissed the thought and moved on. Next line is what really scared me. ‘One will fall while the others stand.’ Obviously it didn’t mean someone was just going to fall down while the rest of us stood above him or her looking down at them considering if it was worth it to help them up or not. I personally like that idea better, but someone was going to die and I had a feeling it was going to be someone I knew not just some random guy off the street.

‘The child of Death will defeat night and sand?’ Did that mean Hazel or Nico will defeat something at night in a sandy place? No, that just sounded ridiculous. I don’t know what to think of this line. All I could think about was Calypso; I just couldn’t get her out of my head. I missed her so much. Yes, it sounds crazy to be so head over heels for her, but she was the first girl I actually liked besides Hazel. The other ones were just me being stupid.

All of a sudden, I got this feeling someone was watching me, but I decided against it. No one was watching me; I’m too pathetic for anyone to care about. I could hear some one walk up the stairs behind me then walk over to me. I just ignored them acted like I hadn’t heard them at all.

“Leo, you have to decide, are we continuing the search or are we returning to Camp Half-Blood?” the person said. I now realized that it was Hazel who had come to talk to me. I didn’t want to talk to her so continued to stare off and act like I didn’t hear her.

“Leo!” she shouted at me angrily. I couldn’t take it any longer people were always asking me what to do, but I never knew. They always decide, ‘Oh Leo’s life isn’t hard enough let’s give him more things to deal with.’

“I don’t know!” I snapped. “I want to go back and help at camp, it’s my only home. But I can’t leave her stranded on an island I can’t find, Hazel!”

Hazel looked at me sympathetically. “I know, but you need to decide before it’s too late. It could happen any day now. If we’re too late, we could go back and find nothing but ruins.” She turned around and started to go below decks.

“Hazel?” I asked her.

She stopped walking and turned around to face me. “Yes?”

I turned away from the railing and looked at Hazel. Look at what was happening to us, all of us. Hazel and I barely speak anymore, Frank treats me like I’m a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe, and I block everyone out. We were all growing a part and ignoring each other.