Chapter 2 Leo

• Dedicated to Rachel

Chapter 2 enjoy. This chapter is dedicated to my amazing sister.

Ο Διακυρίττεσθαι Άντεξελαύνω Νύξ

Leo

It was my third week on the Argo II in search of Calypso. I was determined to find her if it was the last thing I did. It was noon and getting muggy. I turned on the sonar and got the ship ready to land in the Atlantic. As I landed the ship Hazel walked into the room and stood next to me. Her brown curls were laid on her shoulders and she looked beautiful. She stood their staring out at the horizon (probably to keep her from getting seasick).

"We'll find her Leo don't lose hope." She turned to look at me, her shining gold eyes staring into my duller brown eyes.

"How can you be so sure?" I questioned has I turned to the controls of the ship.

"Because, I know if you search hard and long enough you can find just about anything." She stated. "Besides I know how you feel having someone you love so far away, but you don't know where to find them." I nodded. Nico had run off after the battle with Gaea. Ever since then Hazel had seemed sad and lonely.

"Yeah, I know. It's just I don't understand how you could be full of optimism with everything you've been through." Coach Hedge walked through the door and yelled "Valdez, get your sorry butt out of here! It's my turn to fly this baby!" I grabbed my tools and put them in my belt. I walked out of the room and Hazel soon followed. "There is something wrong with that crazy goat." I laughed. Hazel giggled has we made our way below deck. We were heading to the lounge to grab a bite to eat considering I hadn't eaten all day. I was starving. I was too busy flying the Argo II around to eat.

I watched Hazel has I walked and unfortunately turned the corner too sharp. As a result I ran face first into the wall. "Ow!" I grumbled rubbing my nose, which had started to bleed. "Ugh. Great now I have to deal with this stupid thing." Hazel laughed at me. She dug in her pocket and pulled out a cloth. Why she had a piece of cloth in her pocket for was unknown to me, but was too busy with my nose to ask.

"Leo, you need to watch where you're going. You're going to end up breaking your nose." Hazel teased.

Has we walked into the lounge the first thing I saw was the screen showing live images from camp. It was night time there and I was instantly homesick. When I turned and saw Frank staring at me weirdly like he had to go to the bathroom.

"Ah! Gods you scared me!" I yelped as I picked back up my cloth I had dropped, but decided not to use it. It had blood all over it already.

Frank glared at me and said, "What's wrong with your face, Valdez? Did you hit it with your hammer again?" I scowled at him trying to look as tough as I could while pinching my nose. "No. I ran into the wall." Frank smirked. I regretted saying that I should have said something like I got attacked by a rabid, carnivorous chipmunk or I got in a fist fight with Coach.

Now he was giving me this look like I was an idiot. Okay, he had a point there. I'm probably the biggest idiot you can find. I trudged over to the sink and started to wash the blood away.

Hazel walked over to Frank and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "You two," she said, "need to stop fighting and just get along for once." Frank got up out of his seat and walked away slamming the lounge doors. "Gods what's his problem?" I asked. Hazel shook her head and ran after him, leaving me alone with my nose bleeding profusely and my thoughts overwhelming me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner I went to bed. As I slept I dreamed about a mysterious island and on the island lived the most beautiful girl. She had bronze skin and luscious brown hair. She wore a white cloth shirt and a pair of jeans. She walked in a cave and walked over to a wall covered in jewels. She cut part of a jewel out and gave it to me. "To find your way back." She said. She then ran off into the jungle. I chased after her, but I couldn't keep up.

Every time I would get close to her she would disappear and pop up farther ahead of me. I ran and ran for what felt like hours. "Try to catch me." I would here a voice say. "Join me now. Kill this boy." I could hear softly. "I can destroy your prison."

"Ogygia destroyed?" All of the voices mixed together talking over each other. They got louder and louder until I thought my head would explode. I ran on to a white sandy beach and it all stopped.

I looked around and there she was standing there. She had blood running down her left arm and tears streaking down her face. "You must go and help your friends" she said. I looked at her in confusion. "No. I don't want to leave!" I yelled as I was pushed on to a raft and it started to sail away. "Good-bye Leo Valdez." She said.

"No. I don't want to leave! Calypso!" I already couldn't see the island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a cold sweat and I looked around my room to see that hazel had come in. "I heard you yelling in your sleep. I tried to wake you up but I couldn't." she looked frightened. I got out of bed and walked over to her. "It's all right. It was just a nightmare." I said to calm myself down more than to calm her down.

Frank ran in to my cabin. "What is it?" Hazel asked concerned. When he caught his breathe he said "There is an Iris message from camp. Percy says it's urgent.' Hazel and Frank ran out of my cabin. I put on some clean clothes, well cleaner, than the blood stained shirt I had on, and sprinted down the hall to catch up with the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote and Commit. Is it good or boring? I love to hear anthing you want to tell me. 4 votes before next update please. Sorry they are so short I just started writing recently so I'm an amature. Does any one know an actor to play Frank because i just can't think of one?

-Andrea