Chapter 4 Percy

Ο Διακυρίττεσθαι  Άντεξελαύνω Νύξ

Percy

It was a 6:00 at night and we had killed three strange monsters trying to get into camp. One was a sphinx, a part lion part woman hybrid monster. (I know this because I saw one in the Labyrinth with Annabeth a few years back.) Another monster had the body of a cheetah, a snake like neck, and a cats head. The third monster was a chicken like creature that had a loud mouth. (Seriously it wouldn't stop talking!)

I was very worn out and tired so I decided to go to my cabin to get some shut eye. My plans were interrupted when I saw Annabeth walking towards me and I knew what was going to happen.

"I haven't seen you all day, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said sadly. "Those monsters have been keeping you busy." I stared into her stunning grey eyes. "Yeah they just keep popping up. At least today we only had three of the weird ones." I knew she had come up with an idea by the look on her face.

"You know how the monsters turn into sand instead of dust?" she asked me but it was more like she was saying what she was thinking. "Well, what if there were other gods out there with different monsters? I mean it would explain a lot, why they turn to sand and, why we haven't seen them before."

After Annabeth said this, I knew I had to tell her what happened a few summers ago. "Remember that day before Hera kidnapped me when I went looking for that monster that kept eating our pegasi?" I asked her. Annabeth looked out toward the ocean with a saddening look in her eyes remembering those months apart.

"Yeah I remember that day. You were acting all strange after you got back and wouldn't talk to anyone." She said as if it were yesterday. I thought about not telling her, but I knew it was too late to back out.

"There was this kid and he was hunting the monster too. He kept mentioning gods, but they weren't Greek they were Egyptian, and the monster we fought was called a petsuchos, a son of Sobek."

Annabeth looked at me in shock. "Do you think he was a demigod like us?" she asked trying to figure everything out.

I shook my head. "I don't think so he kept mentioning things about magic and magicians."

Annabeth laughed at what I said. "He sounds like a wizard if you ask Me." she then started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" I yelled after her.

"We have to go tell Chiron!" she yelled back as if it was obvious and I simply ran after her.

We told Chiron everything from the petsuchos to the magicians. He listened intently to everything we told him but he didn't seem to be hearing this information. "You already know about these magicians, don't you?" I asked after I finished. He gave me one of those looks like 'this is top secret stuff kid don't go around telling everybody'.

"Of course I already know this, Percy. I've been here for centuries I know many things that you don't know of, and this is the least surprising." He started to pace the living area has he talked. "The Egyptian gods, which are the ones you just told me about, are surprisingly more hostile than ours. They tend to cause more trouble than our gods do."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Chiron knew about this and he hadn't told us. That made me wonder what else he was hiding from us.

"Do they have demigods too?" asked Annabeth even though she already knew the answer to that question.

"No, they don't, instead they have a group of people called magicians. They don't run errands for their gods like we do they keep them out of trouble more than anything." He stopped in front of us, but Annabeth was so engrossed by what Chiron was saying that she hadn't noticed.