The room was half clean and half a mess, like most shared college dorms. She didn't bother much to clean the room for most of the stuff that laid about were papers left over from the examination period.

Per usual, her roommate had the air conditioner set on medium due to summer heat.

Speaking of her roommate, Akasuki glanced at her as she sat down at her desktop.

She was reading a fashion magazine, laying down on her stomach in a loose shirt and sport shorts. She was Akasuki's polar opposite, having desirable curves and breast that any men would fall for in an instant. Her long luscious black hair and entrancing blue eyes furthered her appeal.

"Hey, Akasuki," her roommate waved at her without turning her attention away from the magazine.

"Hey, Hasegawa." Akasuki greeted. Without another word, she grabbed her VR headset. Hasegawa didn't have much interest in her hobbies, so the two didn't talk converse much.

Just as she was about to place the headset on, Hasegawa wrapped her arms around Akasuki's neck from behind, much to her surprise.

"W-What is it?!" Akasuki asked, startled by her roommate's odd action.

"Can I watch you play?" Hasegawa asked in a plain tone, "I'm bored."

"You're bored enough to watch me play video games? Okay, I guess, just don't ask me about every single thing."

Hasegawa nodded and Akasuki turned the computer monitor on for her to watch the game. Her roommate was indeed odd. She came from an upper class family, yet held no desire for expensive possessions nor acted snobby.

Akasuki opened the game and placed on her VR headset. Soon afterwards, the green text appeared...

Welcome to... Chromatic World.

Akasuki's avatar dropped into the game world, appearing right in front of the First Guild building. The world still remained its gloomy self, not a thing altered since the last time she logged on.

"About time you got here," Moriko said, walking towards her with Euno at her side, "We got the supplies ready and a map to the first dungeon."

"Good thing," Akasuki said, smiling, "We better be on our way then."

"Always like you to head right out the door." Euno said, smirking, "Lead the way, dear freelancer."

"Oh, by the way, guys. Today, Hasegawa is watching us play." Akasuki informed her party as they began to walk out of town.

"Your roommate?" Euno questioned. "Thought you said she'll be off to Tokyo during vacation?"

"Nah, she changed her mind at the last minute. Oh, she told me to say hello to you two, and asked how you're both doing."

"I'm good, Hasegawa," Euno answered. "Taking a much needed break too."

"So am I." Moriko answered, "Though I'm working at my uncle's pet clinic part-time so there are times I won't be on."

"Hasegawa said that's nice and asked why your avatar is so different from ours, Moriko."

"That's because I'm a Level 5 Beast Tamer." Moriko said. Akasuki briefly explained to her roommate about the game before she continued, "Since the class excels at stamina and agility, I'm wearing less clothing to increase my own."

"I don't think there would be much of a difference if you wore a little bit more." Euno commented.

"Be quiet. At least I'm not wearing bikini armor."