Chapter 4. Found Out

Please comment any song you think would suit any chapter.

I woke up and I made a high, violent pitched squeak which echoed throughout the forest. Just to let all wild life out there, know I was hungry. It was just a hint to run.

As I went out, killing my breakfast, which turned out to be fast food (those damned bunnies out there got my warning and more of a head start than I'd expected) but I managed to catch a few and yet I didn't have the courage to kill one.

The incident that occurred exactly a week ago, still haunted me. Sometimes I wondered how I could be so vile and unjust.

I felt like my human side was reacting. I didn't want to be like the other werefoxes, I wanted to be like a, werewolf? No I didn't want to be like one of them... Ugh ew. Gross.

Those stinky, big, bulky beasts with muscles out of shape? Ya, nah. I am very satisfied with my perfectly shaped fox form.

I mean I guess they WERE rogues.

Those unaccepted beastly creatures...
Like me...

The only problem is I am a rare type of animal being in the 'were' breed. Werefox, werewolf? I didn't know why animals couldn't accept who I was.

And yet all I could think of was murdering those rogues. Yet they were well known. No one is surprised to see a rogue because they are normal. I shouldn't be feeling guilty, but when you I think about it more I... AM A ROGUE!

And THAT is how I spent my morning. My stomach churning, I catch a mouse, my thoughts sink in, I'm full of doubts, then next thing I know is the mouse is out of sight.

Then finally I decided that I would skip breakfast and have an early lunch after my morning run. I decided to take the same path on which I took when I found the rogues. I don't know why, but I did. I hadn't come down it at all during the week too. As I nervously went along, I noticed how the closer I got nearer to where I saw and killed the rogues I also noticed how the environment became flatter.

I got closer and closer to where I killed the rogues. The closer I got, the more that realisation struck me. Werewolves don't wonder far into the mountains and so that's how the werefoxes hid. They went so deep into the mountains that the werewolves couldn't find them. And I was going closer to the werewolves...

It was as if we hid behind a mountain border to stay safe.

I remember now, hearing Helga talking about it. She told Zeal about how they were safe since werewolves stay closer to civilisation. Or 'human territory' and that humans were beasts that looked like her skin side yet they don't turn into animals.

The more I thought about it the more sense it made... But the question was, did I want to hide? Maybe I could hide until I have my first shift and live like a normal human without being discovered by wolves?

I decided it was a good idea. But then again hiding is so lonely and boring. Maybe I could take a quick glance at a human? 

My thoughts came to a halt as I gazed around the dry, blood stained snow/grass. My eyes went wide as I noticed fresh paw prints around the area as well as humans?

But that wasn't all. The bodies were gone.

I stared in horror. That meant someone found out. I sniffed the area until it dawned on me that these tracks were fresh from last night. What if the werewolves were close? I was thinking of running back to our cave yet my fox wanted to explore.