Chapter 8

I looked in the mirror once more. I loved the dress. but then i remembered him, and all i wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry. Why did we have to go to the party in the first place? Why did I have to see him again? I shook my head to try and clear it. I could not cry, if i did I would be letting my whole family down. I put on my makeup and picked out the perfect pair of shoes to match the dress. They had blue diamonds on the straps and had a small dainty heel. I took a deep berath. It was time to go downstairs, time to go to the party. Time to meet him again. I put on my best fake smile and walked down to the sitting room where my parents were waiting for me.

The party was only a few blocks down the road. So we arrived at the door of the party quickly. I didn't even get a minute before I felt him grap my wrists with such force I wanted to scream. He dragged me onto the dance floor, with his iron tight grip. I had no choice but to dance with him. I looked around and there in the corner was my mother, father and aunt were all beeming at me. I guess they thought he was the most perfect person on the planet, but he was not. They only liked him because every time he was around them he was like a true gentleman. If only he was like that all the time...

He glared at me and I relised that I had been staring helplessly at my parents, as if I was trying to warn them of his true self. I felt his grip tighten and my hands started turning white.

"Please let go. You're hurting me." I practically begged him.

"And why should I do that? You're nothing but an unfaithful..."

And this was the side I wished my parents knew about, but then that was him being nice to me. I loked at the floor as I was scared that if I looked at him one more time I would burst into tears. Just then he put his hand under my chin and tiltied my face up so that he could see my reaction. But what could I do other than let him do what he wanted? If I made a scene then it would embarrass my entire family. I frowned as he got down infront of me on one knee. Why would he do that? Then it hit me. He was going to propose! I couldn't say yes but I couldn't say no either. I could feel my chest getting tighter and tighter, like there was a bpa constrictor wrapped around it. Then he said those dreaded words.

"Wendy wil you marry me?"

I stood there frosen, all eyes were on me. I couldn't breathe. Then it all went black...