Chapter 21

Wendy's P.O.V

"Ah look who decided to join us..." Hooks eye gleamed menacingly at peter.

"She's mine you old cod!"

Edmund was staring at peter and hook was getting ready to draw for his sword. It was now or never, i wouldn't get another chance to go and help peter and the lost boys, and I certainly wasn't going to stand around and wait for him to get to me like I was helpless. I looked around for something I could use to help him- anything.

There! I could see a plan envisioning in my head. I made a run for it and grabbed the only thing that held a chance of escaping over to peter- the priests cross.

"Excuse me I'll need to borrow this for five minutes. Thanks!" I told a very confused looking priest. I turned round to see hook and peter in a sword battle and all the lost boys fighting off the rest of the pirates. And Edmund running towards me at full speed.

"You little..."

It was now or never as I swung the cross over my head and flung it at his face hitting him square in the eye, before he could finish that sentence. He stumbled about blindly clutching his eye and I stormed up to him.

I was going to enjoy this so much. Lady or not.

"Now look who's the unfaithful..." I kicked him where I knew it would hurt as hard as I could before I could finish my sentence. I suppose it was a good thing- ladies didn't use such language- but as soon as I realised what was happening I screamed and ran in his direction.

"It looks like your little peter couldn't save you after all and now all thanks to you you get to watch. Him. Die."

"No hook, please! If you let him live... If you let him live I'll go with you and I'll never run or try to escape. Just let him go..." I was on the verge of tears, he couldn't die because of me. He needed to live forever.

"No... Wendy!"

"You heard the girl. And now you have to watch the girl you love marry the person she is meant to be with." Hook cackled at his cleverness.

"NO! WENDY"

"It's for your own good peter! You get to live!" I tried my best to keep it together and glanced at hook, "Can I have a moment alone with peter please?" I was practically begging him.

"Since I'm not that heartless... You have five minutes."

I looked at peter he looked bad. He had a massive gash down his forehead where hook obviously had hit him and he looked so weak.

"Listen peter I..." I hugged him as I began to speak, " I... Love you."

"Wendy please you can't do this!"

"What choice do I have?"

I walked up towards them my whole body trembling at the thought of having to go through with this. But all of a sudden the whole place was aglow. I had never seen anything like this in my life. All the pirates were screaming as huge masses of light fling them about. I could hear peter cheering.

"Tink! I knew you could do it!"

They were... FARIES! They exist thousands of them in the small church. And to think I had always only guessed there was one but this many... I couldn't have imagined it in my wildest dreams!

They took all the pirates away and I don't really know what they were going to do to them. But I was free and peter was alive. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms. So relieved that I was back where I belonged. He walked out with me leaving a confused and frightened priest in the corner.

Then I ran back and remembered that I still have to give him his cross back.

"Here sorry I had to use it but thanks again." I smiled as peter took my hand and lead me outside.