A Rocky Revelation

The egg was swallowed into the water creating a bubble that domed on the surface.

 Heeding Oleg's words the group moved from the bank as fast as they could. Lior grabbed Hudson and bounded away while Oleg and Jane sprinted together as they held each others hands.

Once the group had a reached an elevated place and were a safe distance from the shore, they all shared exhausted breathes.

"I don't know how we made it", said Jane bent over her knees. There was a wheeze in her voice but it was a far cry from the time she suffered dehydration.

"I do", said Oleg standing up and raising his voice. "We overcome anything. That's just how we are."

"Inspirational mate. It's a good change of tone," said Lior flicking his chin at him with approval.

"Look!", said Hudson. He was perched on a log focusing on the shore.

Hudson had spotted a flash of light in the water. It had changed the shade of lake to a lighter blue. The intensity of the flash blinded them all in the process. They had no choice but to turn their faces away and walk backwards. The brightness was making it unbearable to see. Amongst the commotion, Hudson lost his balance and slipped onto his spine.

"Me feel stings! Me feel stings", he cried as he rolled off a clump of pink flowered catci. Hudson laid on his stomach wincing.

Lior turned his back to light and attended to Hudson, while the others continued to move further from the bank. He crouched down to Hudson's level and looked at his wounds.

"You'll be right Kiddo, only a few pricks," he said as he pulled out a handful of thorns from his lower back. Lior rubbed the affected area. Hudson managed a smile through his wincing.

"Get up Lior!", said Oleg in a panicked state, "You're gonna get drenched!"

Lior stared at what was approaching him; a towering wave was racing to the bank swallowing anything in its paths. Cacti and shrubs quickly vanished. Water spurted into the air as the wave crashed and splashed against tree trunks. Thickets of lake grass and chunks of sand were mixed in with the mass. Schools of fish tried to swim against it but were pounded by the aquatic force of nature. However, what was most noticeable was the outline of somebody rolling in it midsts.

Short, stocky and rotund was the makeup of the individual. It's dark hair shrouded its face hiding the identity of the  individual

Without time to reflect on the figure he had seen, Lior held Hudson and bounded in the direction of his friends. With one leap, he was already a few metres in front of them.

Oleg grunted at Lior briefly reflecting on his inadequacies. At least I can move the Earth, he thought. The knowledge of this kept his legs pounding and his arms swaying. It was too far away to wet them now.

The venturing wave slowed sinking down to puddles of muddied water. The tide came to life dragging tree branches and leaves back towards the lake. It was merciless as it moved a heavy  log  as if it was light as a feather. As the water moved a messy aftermath was revealed.

The colourful cacti that surrounded the Lake was buried by pebbles and sand. Fish flopped around helplessly becoming easy pickings for the pelicans circling above.

Amongst the debris, what could only be described as a hairier and rugged Oleg, stood the stoic figure with his arms crossed.

His pose flexed his enormous biceps giving off the impression he was a seasoned warrior

Clumps of knotted dark hair sprouted from his head. A beard fell down to his chest pointed in the shape of an arrow. His eyes had an amber glaze which seemed fitting for his hard exterior. The sack cloth that covered his chest and midsection was tattered with threads falling out from it seams. It was nowhere near as tidy as Jane's or Hudson's attire.