"No problem Miss"

" (Y/N) let me show you to your room." Bruce took a hold of my farthest shoulder with his arm, keeping the towel wrapped around my back from falling off as we headed up the stairs.

-------------------------------------------------------

"This is the master guest bedroom, hope you like it" Bruce cheerfully said.

"It's beautiful!" I smiled admiring all of the trinkets and fine jewels, bedazzling the room.

"Not as beautiful as you." Bruce giggled.

I immediately stopped looking around the room to meet with Bruce's eyes.

Even with my drenched hair, dripping makeup, and low self esteem for how I looked that night from the rain, Bruce still found a way to make me feel like I was the most beautiful girl in the world.

I could feel my cheeks flare up with pink. "Aww Bruce. You're so sweet."

Bruce beamed with happiness as I added, "You know what?". I walked over to the bed, fixing the pillows and arranging the comforters for me to sleep in.

"What?" he leaned in, walking closer to me.

"You aren't like most guys I've met."

"Is that bad?" Bruce looked concerned.

"No, I mean it in a good way. You're amazing, sweet, kind, caring. The list can go on and on, but I'd just be babbling all night." I shifted my head towards his face so I could glance over at his eyes before I'd bring them to focus on something else while bringing up this topic. " The guys I would meet at school were nothing but complete jerks to me." Bruce looked awfully surprised, "Why?". Truthfully I didn't know the answer to his question. "I don't know actually. I always thought maybe-" Bruce interrupted "You weren't like other girls?" he grinned then continued, "You're amazing, sweet, kind- beautiful." Again Bruce made me blush like crazy I felt like I instantly got a fever. I laughed a little as he chuckled at himself too. A knock at the door interrupted our small talk. "2 hot chocolates coming through, Here's one for you Miss (Y/n)" Alfred said, handing me a nice warm mug, "and here is yours Master Bruce. Your luggage is just outside your door, let me go ahead and grab that for you." Alfred came in rolling my luggage inside the room, "We mustn't disturb Miss (Y/n) Master Bruce, she's had a long day my boy."

Not wanting Bruce to leave I insisted to Alfred that I didn't mind him keeping me company. "Alright Miss Gordon, I don't want you guys to be discussing matters too late at night. The time is now 9:03 and I want you both in bed no later than 10 PM for school tomorrow." Bruce's face looked red with embarrassment, "What's the matter Master Bruce? Can't handle your bedtime?" Alfred teased with him, hitting him playfully on the shoulder. Bruce hit him back softly as he chuckled. "I'll be on my way, call me if you need anything." Alfred walked out of the room.

----------------------------------

After chatting for just a few more minutes, both finishing our conversation and hot chocolates, I went to the bathroom to change into my PJ's. Thankfully not soaked from the rain. My uncle had gotten me some nice silk pajamas as a random gift last month, they were probably the nicest pair of pajamas I had ever owned. I walked back over to the room, letting my hair down, drenched in rain and all and headed towards my now ready to sleep in bed. I slipped under the furry sheets and felt like I was being treated like royalty. I was definitely getting a good nights rest tonight with this level of comfort! I'm not complaining! I turned to my side, then tossed myself over to face the top of the bed canopy. Now all I could think about was my uncle Jim, would he really be okay? What if they could never find a cure and would now be stuck like this forever? Where would I go? Who would I stay with? I couldn't possibly just stay with Bruce and Alfred! That would be overstaying my welcome tremendously. My mind continued to flood with worries and more anxieties, every new thought that entered my mind made me feel more uncomfortable in the bed by the minute. "(Y/N)?" I suddenly heard from the other side of the room.

I quickly sat up a nervous wreck and faced towards where the sound came from. It was Bruce.

"Bruce what-" I semi-shouted

"I came to check up on you one last time before you went to bed."

"You scared me!" Gasping, I put my hand over my heart. My stomach was fluttering with nervousness, my head was becoming overcrowded with a million thoughts.

"(Y/N)." Bruce came over to the bed and sat down slowly on it.

"Yes Bruce?"

"Are you comfortable? do you need something before I'm off?"

"No, no not at all Bruce." I shook my head dramatically, then turned it away from his face.

"You do."

I shot Bruce with a confused expression on my face, turning back to him "What?"

"You do- need something. What is it?"

"I just want my uncle Jim to be okay, that's all."

Bruce hovered and landed his hand above mine and replied assuringly, "He will be. Everything's gonna be okay."

I hoped he was right.