I started to slow down a little when I saw Demi pop her head up above the water and take a huge gasp of breath. But I went back to going really fast when I saw her starting to choke.

I got to her about four seconds after she started choking and Liam, who I just noticed was next to me, and I pulled her up onto my surfboard and we got her to stop choking.

She coughed up a bunch of water and thanked us, but she looked like she was about to cry.

--------------------------------------

*Niall's POV*

I was sitting on the sand next to the bonfire talking with Zayn. We were talking about our break and our next album, our fans, you know, famous people stuff. I kept looking towards the ocean every few seconds since Demi was surfing right now, and she's really good. But the wave right now looks very dangerous, why would Louis and Liam let her ride this one out of every other wave?

I talked to Zayn for a few more, looking away from Demi a lot more longer than I usually do. But when I looked back I saw something really strange.

Nothing

I saw her surfboard still on the wave, crashing back to the shore with the wave. But the only problem right now was where is Demi? I thought she was just riding the surfboard? What happened to her? She couldn't have jumped into the wave, she's not stupid.

I stood up in the middle of Zayn talking, making him stop dead in the middle of his sentence and look up at me like I was crazy, "Niall, buddy, are you okay?" He asked cautiously. I just chuckled humorously and kept searching the ocean in sight of Demi.

I saw Liam and Louis sitting there on their boards starring where she was supposed to be right now, but they weren't moving. But by the look on Louis' face, he looks just as freaked out as I am.

"No, I'm not okay. One second Demi was surfing perfectly fine and I look away for one minute. When I look back, POOF, she's gone! But her surfboard was still there, I don't know. And her ankle isn't attached to the board anymore."

"Wow!" Zayn said standing up, looking out into the ocean with me, a worried look now plastered across his face. "And there's still no sight of her"

"Not from here, but her board is right there" I continued explaining, pointing to the board lying on the sand a couple meter away from us, but never looking away from the ocean.

He sighed, but didn't say anything after that. We continued staring out into the ocean for a little less than a minute longer before a head popped out of the water. When I squinted my eyes, I realized it wasn't just any head, it was a blonde head, it was Demi!

My whole body relaxed from it's tense position and I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding. I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking at the hand, I traced it up the arm to see Zayn with a relieved face on. When he looked at me with a smirk, I could tell that I had that exact same face on.

I looked back out towards the sea to see Louis and Liam next to Demi, pulling her up. When she was up, sitting on Louis' board, I felt a little better again, but then I saw her coughing like mad. My whole body tensed back up and I went to go closer to the water, but Zayn held my arm, causing me to look back at him.

All he did was shake his head back and forth and I already knew what he meant. I let out a sigh of frustration and took a step back, pacing back and forth next to the fire and running a hand through my already messed up hair, messing it up even more than it already was.

As Louis, Liam and Demi got closer to the shore, I started to see their faces more clearly. Liam had a face of complete concentration, Louis looked really panicked and scared.