It's Always About the Consequences

Start from the beginning

"Let's go." Lauren lead the way. We get inside the car, me on the passenger seat and Lauren's on the driver's. As the green eyed girl revive the engine and started to drive, I pulled out my phone and scroll through my Spotify until I found the song.

"It was you and me against the world
Baby, they've got us under but
We'll take whatever we want.
It was you and me against the world,
You get the car, I'll get the cash,
We'll take the money and run..." I sing along to the song, making Lauren laugh.

"What a song."

"Right?" I giggled, leaning my head over her shoulder. Lauren give my thigh a light squeeze.

"I feel like I'm Superman tonight."

"And I am your Lois Lane?"

"Yeah. And you are the wind at my back."

I lift up my head when I saw Lauren pulled the car in front of the small convenience store.

"Camz," Lauren called out. When I turn my head over to her direction, she put the black bandana that covers half of my face, "Whatever happens tonight, I will protect you, okay? I won't let anything happen to you, do you trust me?"

I smiled, "I trust you."

"Okay," Lauren then leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. She put on the red bandana that covers half of her face as well before we head outside the car.

Lauren motioned me to stay outside before she head straight inside the convenience store. The cashier shot up a glance at her and then continue doing what she's doing. After a few minutes of looking around, Lauren look at me and give me a signal to come in so I did.

I push the door using my right hand with my free hand under my shirt, holding my gun. I walk over to the cashier and pulled it out, aiming for her head.

"Give us the money!" I yelled in rush.

The cashier look at me in the eyes, wide eyed and shock.

"I-"

"Shut the fuck up and give us the money!"

She hurriedly open the cash box as Lauren do her job. She collect all the cash and put it inside the black bag.

"Thank you, buddy." Lauren giggled before she run towards my direction and grab my hand, "Let's go, Camz!"

"POLICE IS COMING, MOTHERFUCKERS!" She yelled angrily inside as Lauren and I giggled as we make our way back to the car.

We're about to open the car door when a series of police siren echoed near us that caught our attention for a moment.

"Drop the bag and put your hands up!" The police yelled. I look in front of us and there's a police car right in front of our face.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mumbled as Lauren and I quickly run away as fast as we can.

Everything in my world suddenly stops. All I can hear is the sound of my breathing and our footsteps. The police are running after us, telling us to surrender but that won't happen. Lauren and I made a pact that we won't surrender to them no matter what happens. That we're always going to run away, together, hand in hand just like what we are now. Run because we can, because we must. Keep on running to see how far can we go.