Balsam

WARNING: CONTAINS SCENES NOT SUITABLE FOR BELOW 18 READERS

NOTE: REPUBLISHING THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME READERS WHO CAN'T SEE IT EVEN THOUGH THEY FOLLOW ME.  I STILL KEPT THE ORIGINAL ONE ON PRIVATE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE COMMENTS :)

Hello friends, I've missed all of you. But first things first.

Thank you so much to all of you who showed concern and support at a time I needed it. My son is now recovering and is out of ICU, still being observed but out of the danger zone already. I wanted so badly to write because writing was my only escape from anything that bothered me, but this time, even writing failed me.

Life is so short, too short to procrastinate and let go of opportunities to show how much our loved ones mean to us. Don't let your work consume you, always put family first, work with companies that recognize families as employees' number one priority. Any chance you get to show people you care, show it. Don't wait, show the people you love that you care for them now. Which is what this chapter is all about.

This chapter tackles that moment when Dei decides to give herself completely to Richard, recognizing that she already loves him enough to take a risk and put herself out there for him. It took them a year to get to this point, and Richard respected her enough to wait.

Share with me your thoughts. You think Dei was right to finally give herself to Richard? Have you ever gambled on showing your emotions?

Looking forward to hearing from you in the comments section below :)

July 16, 2013

Dei stayed on for three more months in her Brand Manager job, but resigned a month before their first anniversary. It was all a matter of timing, the family trip to Italy was timed to coincide with their first anniversary, and her resignation was timed before they left for Italy. This way it was going to be a clean break for her when they came back from vacation. She would be working with Richard as Digital Communications Strategist.

Now seated on the plane with Richard dozing off beside her, she reads about her destination, matching the information she reads with their itinerary. It was her first trip abroad, who would have imagined that her first trip would be to a dream destination that she never expected to actually go to, and with someone who was special to her. She considered herself so lucky.

"Dei, why don't you take advantage of the time to sleep? We have seven hours ahead, try to doze off, dear. You might suffer from jetlag when we arrive."

"I'm too excited, tita. I can't relax even if I try."

"We're the same, Dei. I haven't seen my daughter Gianina in a while, can't wait to see her again."

Gianina was Richard's elder sister. She worked in Milan as a consul and met her husband there, an Italian national. They had son, an adorable three-year-old that Dei looked forward to meeting and playing with.

Dei did get to sleep on the last four hours of the flight. She and Richard woke up to the announcement that the plane was landing shortly. She looked at Richard, his hair falling over his forehead, his boyish face looking much younger than his face at work. She could look at him for an hour and not get tired of watching his face, with his expressive eyes and the mouth she loves to kiss.

She wondered how the sleeping arrangements would be once they got there. Would she have her own room? Would she be willing to share a bed with him? She smiled at the thought. To be honest, she was ready. She wanted it, she'd been thinking about it for a few nights now. She wanted to make him happy too, and it wouldn't be such a sacrifice because the mere thought of him touching her body was already giving her a warm rush of heat.