Hazel

It's a cool evening and I'm waiting for DTBY to come on TV. I am giving in to popular demand, as you will see in this chapter, because I love my readers and they always ask so nicely for things to be incorporated in my stories.  

So here it is, the long awaited milestone in the Faulkerson couple's life, as requested. There's also another positive development here that is long overdue, and I am sure it will also make you guys happy. Like I said, I always end my stories happy, and we have two or three more chapters to go, and an Epilogue to wrap things up nicely.

Enjoy the night my dears, hope the negative news do not pull you down, but I do urge you to pray for peace in our country and elsewhere, that we all take part by praying for good to always overcome the bad. God will always watch over us, we just need to turn to him for guidance :) 

She went to the bathroom to do her thing, while Richard patiently waited for her. She was already inside for 15 minutes and Richard was beginning to worry.

"Dei...baby, are you ok?"

She finally opened the door and got out, with tears in her eyes. Richard was instantly worried, noting that she looked upset.

"What is it?"

She showed him the pregnancy test kit results, showing two of them with just one line and the other three with two lines.

"Baby, it's positive. Why are you crying?"

"Jay, two of them have just one line. What if the other three are wrong? I'm scared of hoping."

"Don't be. Come here."

He enveloped her in the warmest bear hug swaying her gently from side to side, lulling her to be relaxed.

"Dei, we're going to your OB later today, ok? Nothing can be more reassuring than her telling us that you're pregnant. But for now, let me claim it sweetie. I'm claiming that we already have a baby that's making you crazy over Lemon Squares."

"Can I have one more?" She asked solemnly.

He hugged her to hide his smile, worried that she might take offense.

"Ok, just one more, then we're going to bed."

-----

They were in the OB GYNE's office bright and early, eager to find out the real score. They showed the pregnancy test kit results from the five tests Dei used. To find out whether Dei was really pregnant or not, the doctor extracted blood from her arm to do an hCG test and performed an ultrasound exam on her.

"Dei, even before the blood test results come out, the ultrasound can tell us what you need to know, assuming the fetus is big enough to be detected."

"Will the ultrasound tell us if it's a real pregnancy doc? Like, I mean, if it's not an ectopic pregnancy?"

"We'll see Dei........It will depend on the size of your fetus, and how many weeks it already is."

The doctor started guiding the handheld scanner over her still flat abdomen. After a few seconds, she stopped and ran the scanner back and forth repeatedly. She smiled at both Dei and Richard.

"Congratulations, mommy and daddy, we have a confirmation of your pregnancy right here."

She showed them on the monitor the image of Dei's uterus. It was then that Richard noticed something in the image and pointed it out to the doctor.

"Doc........I don't know much about what the image is supposed to look like. But is this what I think it is? We're having—

"Twins.......yes Richard, two heartbeats, listen."