The Court

"God it rains as much as Ireland," Jack muttered as rain pattered outside. Mark gave him a confused look and rumbled curiously. Jack shook his head and rubbed his forehead. "Nothing, sorry..." he let his hand fall in his lap and glanced at his watch. "Where are they? They should be here by now," he wondered out loud. Mark, having no answer, stayed quiet and instead looked around the building.

They were in a church because it was the only building big enough to fit a giant inside, plus its doors were the only ones big enough to allow the giant in the first place. All of the church pews had been moved to allow space for Mark to sit on the floor, but only three had been kept in the room; one for Jack and his friends to sit in, one for the judge, and one for Ethan. The podium was where Jack would have to give his testimony, and it was turned to face where the judge would be seated. While Jack wasn't a believer of religion, he did mutter a small hopeful prayer, saying "Please let Mark win" before he entered the building with his friends.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon Sean," Signe assured. Jack sighed and tapped his fingers against his thighs.

"God I'm so fucking nervous," he muttered. "I feel butterflies in my belly, it's starting to make me nauseous!"

"Just relax." Signe reached over and gently grabbed Jack's hand, squeezing it a little to comfort him. A door thundered as it opened, and Felix returned from the bathroom.

"They here yet?" He asked. Jack sighed heavily as Marzia shook her head.

"No not yet Felix..." she then narrowed her eyes and looked the Swedish man up and down. "Why aren't you wearing the clothes I set out for you?" She asked sharply.

"It wasn't comfortable," Felix answered with a sly grin. Marzia rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Those aren't formal clothes though Felix!" She pointed out. He was wearing a gray hoodie and ripped blue jeans... not to mention one of his shoes were untied.

"Mmm that ass though!" Jack teased.

"Oh you like it? I wore these just for you Jack," Felix replied, grinning. Signe rolled her eyes.

"Guys-"

"And there he is!" The conversation was interrupted as a young man with blue hair entered the room with two other guys and Amy behind him. "Jack!" Ethan exclaimed with a grin. "Long time no see man!" Jack got up and walked over to greet the man, but he instead found himself being hugged. "I mean a week out on your own, did you have fun? Make any sandcastles?" Ethan asked with a smirk.

"Uh... no."

"Well that's fine, you made it back to us in one piece, that's all that matters!" After ending the hug, Ethan's eyes traveled up to Mark, and he grinned. "And you must be Mark," he realized. Mark nodded with a small "Yeah," and Ethan nodded thoughtfully. "Well, nice to finally meet you Mark, I'm Ethan!" He exclaimed.

"Hello," Mark purred. Jack smiled up at his buddy as Ethan went on to greet the others.

"Been a while since I've seen you, Felix! Hello Marzia! Oh, and Signe! How are the cacti? Great, great... oh, Jack!" Ethan returned to Jack. "I should reintroduce you to some old friends of mine." Ethan pointed to the larger of the two people. "This is Bob, he's gonna be the lawyer."

"Hi, how's it going?" Jack shook hands with Bob as Ethan continued with enthusiasm.

"You know Amy already, and the other is Wade. He's my uh... how do I put it? Bodyguard? Servant? Butler?"

"Coadjutant," Wade mumbled. Ethan laughed and patted Wade on the shoulder.

"I'm just kidding. Wade here helps me out with a lot of business things, yada yada yada..." Jack chuckled and shook Wade's hand too. "Alright then, now that we've all reacquainted with each other, let's get to work!" Ethan took Bob, Amy and Wade to their places in the pews, and Jack returned to his seat as Mark shifted nervously behind him.