There's Another One!?

Jack's eyes widened. The giant looked so much bigger in person than in the video. This creature was an absolute beast! His eyes were closed, and fortunately for Jack he was also asleep. But he was soooo big! The scariest thing was that he looked even bigger than Mark!

Jack's heart skipped a beat as he hid behind the tree roots, struggling to keep calm. He still couldn't believe that after all this time, the 53rd project was still alive!? But the avalanche... I thought it killed him! He looked out from behind the tree and scanned the giant up and down. He noticed that his collar was still on, along with the tag... but the leash part of the chain was only a stub. He must have ripped free from his metal lead. Jack noticed that the markings on his tag were different, so he took a deep breath before stepping out of hiding.

Jack stiffly limped up to the slumbering beast and peered warily at the metal plaque.

"... Tyler 53," he quietly read. He scratched the back of his head and looked over at the giant's relaxed face. Clever of those Koreans to choose American names, considering they planned on murdering the Americans. He hobbled back to the tree and looked up at the closest bunch of berries.

Damn... they're so high up! Jack pouted and glanced back at Tyler, making sure he was asleep. Ok... I gotta do this, for Mark. All I gotta do is climb up, get the berries, then climb back down and quietly leave without a fuss! Easy peasy, piece of pie! Mmm... pie... Jack's thoughts were playing on their own as he gripped the coarse bark and started climbing up again. He soon draped himself over the lowest branch, breathing heavily. His injured leg felt like it was throbbing, most of the pain in his ankle from his awkward landing. Jack was pretty sure he had broken something and gotten a concussion.

It wasn't his fault though, Jack reminded himself. I sure hope he'll be ok... I shouldn't be so selfish next time. Jack picked himself back up and held on to the branch above him, and he traversed the narrow tree limb and approached the berries. Reaching up, he grabbed the small bushel and stuffed it in his pockets. He pulled the branch down and reached up for another bunch, and he continued gathering some food.

Jack had continued climbing and gathering until his pockets were full with berries, and Jack decided that he had enough for Mark to eat. He gripped his branch and lowered himself onto the tree trunk, and he started making his way back down. When he reached the bottom, he dropped down onto the grass, wincing as he put pressure on his injured leg.

"Ow," Jack muttered under his breath. He limped over to the where he had climbed up, and lowered himself over the edge, and he began to make his way to the cave floor. What he didn't notice though, was that Tyler was gone.

Ok. Jack finally made it to the ground, and he patted his pockets to make sure he had his berries. Let's get the fuck out of here. He hobbled his way across the cozy cave and exited out through the animal graveyard cave. Once he was back into the ancient stone corridor, he saw that Mark was still unconscious and sighed in worry. Poor Mark... I hope he's gonna be ok. But I got some food, so hopefully that'll wake him up and put him in a better mood.

"Hey buddy," he softly called out as he came out into the open. "I got you some-" the ground suddenly shook as something big suddenly landed behind Jack, making him fall over with a yell. Jack groaned in pain and turned over, his eyes widening as a shadow stretched over him.

Tyler was standing over him, his teeth bared in a snarl and his eyes a cold frightening silver; they were an odd color, like Mark's had been after the ringing noise. His grey shirt was tattered and looked in need of mending, and his jeans had tears in them. His hair was messy and unkempt, adding to the wild look the giant had as he gave a low growl and stared down at Jack hungrily.