The Hauntings of the Past

Start from the beginning

Curiously, I took it. At the top of the plane, it says: Open and read me. And so I dismantle the paper plane and it turns out it is a love letter from Lauren. With a smile, I read it.

Dear Future Wife,

As I woke up this morning, the sunlight was rushing through the room, and it lit up every dark corner that there was. There was this unexplainable joy in my heart, and I knew at that moment that I needed to tell you just how much I love you. Forgive me, for I am not a writer, and may not know the best words to use. All I know is that I love you and that I want to be there beside you as you're fulfilling your dreams. I want to make you laugh when you're having a bad day. I want you to be happy, with me, to see a smile on your face every morning and every night, and your gleaming eyes with desire for me. I want to make you fall In love with me every single day. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. You mean everything to me. Indeed, you are my twin soul, and I think we were destined to be together. Open your heart to feel me there. I will always be there, for you. You have given me so much joy and unconditional love that I am quite sure that I am the luckiest woman in the whole world.
With my heart in one hand and a bunch of red roses in the other, I give you this letter.

With deep love,
Lauren.

And when I glance up from the letter with tears swelling up in my eyes, that's when I saw her. Lauren in black and white tuxedo with an open heels sandals. Smiling while rocking back and forth with her left hand slipped inside the pocket of her pants and the other was holding a bunch of red roses. She's nervous, so am I.

I don't even know why I'm nervous when it's just Lauren. I guess prom has really it's own kind of magic.

The green eyed girl started to walk towards my direction, giving me the roses. "Hi, I'm Lauren."

I smiled and decided to play along, "Hey, I'm Camila." I said, holding out her hand.

The green eyed girl put my hand over my shoulder with her arms wrapped around my waist, "Camila? I love that name."

"I love yours too."

"You look-wow!" Lauren looks stunned as her eyes kept checking me out.

"You look wow too." Her tux fits perfectly to her. She looks so gentlewoman and so beautiful and so perfect.

As we go on for the night, I tell Lauren to get in line to take our official prom picture. She says we should wait till the line dies down but I insist. Prom is once in a lifetime thing so we really can't miss this out. We do the requisite prom pose, with Lauren standing behind me, her hands on my hips.

After we take our picture, we find all of our friends in the dance floor. Dinah's already dancing with Normani pretty romantically, Shawn with Georgina, and Ally with Alex. But when (You Drive Me) Crazy of Britney Spears comes on, all of us go crazy, screaming in each other's faces and jumping up and down. Lauren keeps asking me if I'm having fun and I said yelled over a loud music, "Yes, yes, yes, I am having fun!"

After all the hyped and everything, Best Part of Daniel Caesar comes on and the lights around us becomes dim and everybody started to dance slowly over the music.

Lauren cupped my cheeks with a smile. Her eyes are bright and hopeful, alight with happiness. "I love you more than anything, Camz. I love you more than life itself."

"You should love life more than anything else, you silly."

Lauren chuckled softly, "Okay."

I smiled before I hug her tightly and Lauren reciprocated it, even more tightly.