twelve.

I ran out of breath, but I didn't stop. Instead I kept walking, walking away from the pain.

I don't know if this job is worth it.

You're probably curious, aren't you?

Well, I've got a good ways to walk, so let me tell you.

About three years ago, this rap group named "Clpping" was in town, so I went to a show. I had nothing to do, okay? Anyway, I got to this thing pretty early and ended up getting pretty close to the stage.

Then this ripped, glorious man with no shirt on looks at me.

And I look at him. Well, I study him, all his muscles, his curved, tight ass, his shiny hair. I then attempted to calculate what percent of fat his body was. But I'm not that smart.

So the show's dope, and as I walk outside, I realize I should give this guy a chance. I wait outside the venue, and when he comes out I look down at my phone, pretending I have something else to do. He sees me. We talk. And talk. And talk. It gets pretty late, so I give him my number and we go our separate ways. Although he was on tour, he claimed he'd be in town for a few more shows. So we hung out. It was fucking amazing.

Although it was long-distance, we kept a relationship. The connection that we shared, our bondage, was almost, almost, untouchable.

Almost is our key word here.

About three months later, I visited Diggs in his hometown. It was one of those slow-mo scenes, like something out of The Notebook. Daveed made my life so amazing.

...But some power went to his head. I stayed in town for two weeks, and about five days in he began taking control. I tried to have a nice conversation with him, and he would get really irritated. But when I didn't talk to him, he'd get aggressive. I just wanted the trip to be over.

About two days before I left, I talked to him about how I felt about his control issues, and that's when the magic of love left my hands, leaving nothing but dust and cobwebs of an old dream from when I was a child that got shoved into the back of my mind in its place. He slapped me, and slapped me again, and yanked my hair. By that yanked hair he dragged me to the door and let go with such force he ended up pushing my head onto the floor. He attempted to kick my gut, but I'm in a ball on the ground and my hand takes the blow instead.

"Leave."

My whole body burned with anger, pain, confusion. I couldn't speak. This man who I thought loved me was just...

Anyway, I end up contacting the police, who do all of that Sherlock Shit; yes I have given a name to police investigation. They do the Sherlock Shit and that Shit becomes less shitty because he was sent to county jail for two years! L'chaim, right?

Apparently not.

---

"Hey! Wait!" I hear.

It's Lin.

"Oh." I was a bit startled. Shit, I wish Gerald was here. He makes everything better.

"Am I at a high enough position in which I may ask what the hell happened?" He jokes.

"Well... I'm not here to get anybody fired, so no."

"Fired?" He asks. "Hone- Jade, if this can get somebody fired I need to know. We don't want bad people around."

Did he just call me honey? Fuck me!

"Fine."

So, I give Lin the whole shebang I just gave you, and to my surprise, he looks like he could cry.

"Jade... that's awful. We can do something about it, uh... lemme think-"

"Lin! Please. No!" I beg. I can't do that to somebody.

He nods. "Alright. It's your situation."

Silence.

"Hey, I have a question," he says.

"Shoot!"

"Well... do you wanna go get some coffee or something after rehearsal?" He asks.

OOOOOO SHITTTTTTTTTT. I forgot about his offer prior to this ordeal.

"Totes Magotes!" I say.

"Coolio Julio!" I responds.

"Alrighty, keep shakin' bacon! But don't makeup things like 'coolio Julio' ever again?"

"You got yourself a deal."

I sigh in relief.

"....Shady Jady!" He screams like a child. Lin runs away, kicking his knees high up in the air with each step.

I'm falling for a child.

A/N

Okay so obviously this isn't the most realistic or sensible chapter, but I'm trying to get the story going here! It's been twelve chapters and absolutely nothing has happened.