three.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
October 8, 2015

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep-

"Good morning, Gerald." I decided if I had a talking alarm clock, he needed a name.

Jade, today you might get a callback from your future employer! Get up!

Gerald was right. They said they were running a tight ship, and to expect an email by today. All I could do was hope, however, that my callback wasn't around the time I was visiting my parents. I'm leaving for Maryland to visit them in 3 days.

Speaking of which, I need to get packing. About and hour later it was 10:30 AM and I went into the kitchen. I ate my bagel and made my coffee.

11:00 AM rolled around and I decided I would shop for a jacket of some sort. I wanted one for my visit to Maryland. I found a cute one in H&M and went back home. I got home around 12:30 PM, and with my mind off of the trip and back onto the audition, I checked my computer for an email. I logged on and went into my primary inbox...

Nothing.

To play it safe, I check my spam. And, thanks goodness I did, because there it was: an email from Tommy Kail. I saw it and bounced up and down in my seat a little.

Hey Jade,
Congrats! You've received a callback for a second audition. If you'd like to join us, we have attached music and a monologue we'd like to hear you preform. A followup email will be sent out with the date and address.

Thomas Kail

No. Way.

They actually want to see me again! I ran to the phone and called my parents. I got their voicemail, but I left a message telling them to call me back.

Once I calmed down, I looked at the music they had attached to my email. A .jpg was attached with the name "Say No To This." I had listened to this song prior to choosing one for my audition, but I never really looked at it.

Once I had gone through it a few times, I went to Chick-Fil-A for some food. I went back to my apartment and threw myself into bed.

"Thanks for reminding me that today was callback day, Gerald."

~time skip~

I don't think I'd be able to survive without taking naps.

When I woke up, I went on Twitter and saw Lin's tweet from earlier.

Lin_Manuel:
Good morning. Grateful for you.

Cute.

I checked my inbox for a followup email. Low and behold, there it was. I opened it and checked for the date.

Great.

It's in 4 days. The day after I leave...
So much for Broadway.
It I never see my parents; and I don't want to wait any longer than I already have.

Wait- this actually is great!
It's in Maryland! And it's only around 2 hours away from my parents' place.

"Gerald!" I screamed from the living room. "This is fate!"

It had to be fate. I get a callback, taking place in Maryland; I'm going to be in Maryland! How could it not be?
Exactly... it is!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful; napping again, Starbucks, exercising, showering, napping some more, eating, sleeping. You know, the average white trash schedule.

Damnit. Calling myself white trash makes me trash.