six.

The time came around for me to take my leave. I put my suitcase into my car, and I was on my way.

I never really used this car. For christ's sake, I live in New York; nobody I know uses a car. However, it's on occasions like these that I'm grateful for it. Other than that, though, what do I need a car for? Exactly... nothing!

On the way, I replayed Say No To This, singing along. I also played a recording of my monologue I made. I felt pretty ready.

A few hours passed and I pulled up to my old house and honked. We used to live there, and they haven't moved since.
The only reason I moved to New York was because everybody I knew was begging me to. They kept saying shit like, "You'll be famous!" You know? Bull like that. But now I'm not so sure it was bull. But I'm getting my hopes up, like always.

Once I honked, my parents came running down the front steps.

"Hey guys!" I yelled, running up to them.

"Oh honey, it's been so long!" mom said.

"I'm so glad you're here," said dad.

"So am I! So, did you guys get my message?"

"No honey, we didn't," mom asked.

"Well... so you know how I moved to New York to actually do shit with my life? I got a callback for a BROADWAY MUSICAL!" I said, and my mom screamed a little. Both of them hugged me and congratulated me.

"It's tomorrow, about two hours away from here. So I'll be gone for, maybe, five to six hours tomorrow. I hope that's okay," I said, anticipating a response.

"Honey, of course it's okay. We're so proud of you," dad responded. I sighed in relief and my dad got my bag from the car. We went inside and I got organized a little, then we talked. We ate dinner and I went to bed. That was it for the day.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
October 12, 2015

I woke up around 9:30 AM; a little later than usual. Oh, crap. I forgot to turn Gerald off. Now he'll be beeping all day.

"I'm with you in spirit, Gerald."

I got up and made myself a bagel. Mom and Dad were still asleep, so I went to Starbucks. They should buy a coffee maker. That won't happen though, they both hate coffee. I got my coffee and finished my morning ritual of being white tr- not gonna say it. Those two words together make me feel like tras- nope. Not even gonna say the one.

Once I got back, Mom was awake, making French toast. We talked for a little bit and I got ready to leave.

I finished getting ready around 11:00 AM. My callback was scheduled for 3:45 PM, so I would leave in around 2 hours, just to give myself some time before the callback. In the meantime, my parents and I went to the park to walk their dog, Clara. I sat down on a bench, running the monologue through my head.

This time my audition feels different. I actually care. It felt like I might really have some potential; I got a callback for a Broadway show. I'm not sure why they aren't going off-Broadway first, but I don't really care. This is a great opportunity! It opens doors! It changes people! Sometimes not in the good way! But it still changes people!

A few minutes later, I was getting anxious. I told my mom I was going back to the house. I got there around 11:40 AM. I was still anxious. You know what that means: nap!

~time skip~

I woke up and yawned. No more nap. I checked my almost dead phone.
12:49 PM. Ugh, now I'm tired. I got up and walked around the house to wake myself up. I talked with my dad in the kitchen. Around 12:55 PM, I jumped a little threw myself into a state of panic.

I ran upstairs and into the bathroom.

"Sorry for the abrupt exit!" I yelled to my dad.
I looked through the medicine cabinet and relaxed my tense body. Organizing my things whilst on vacation has always been a skill of mine. I reached into the cabinet and grabbed a tampon, along with my Pamprin bottle. After taking care of my lady things, I looked in the mirror and sighed. However, that sigh was taken over by another frenzy of panic. I went into my bag and touched up the makeup I ruined after my nap. After it was fixed, I walked out the door, hugging my parents and dog in the process.

"Good luck honey!" My dad yelled. I waved to them and shut my door. And with that, I was off.