five.

Jade's POV

I froze and turned around to Lin; my hands were tied.

"Oh, hey Lin," I said, smiling, acting like I hadn't recognized him before.

"Fancy seeing you here." He laughed awkwardly. He continuously went up on his toes, and planted the back of his foot back on the ground, looking around.

"Uh, will you be in Maryland tomorrow?" I asked. I don't why; he obviously would. Just trying to break the silence, I suppose.

"Yeah, actually. It'll just be me though; we split the auditions within two cities. Tommy and Alex are in Philly," he responded.

"Oh. Uh, do you know if anybody named Autumn made it through?"

Why was that thing I forgot tugging at me now-
Oh. I didn't meet Autumn. Shit!

"Yeah, but she's auditioning in Philly."

"Oh." The silence was painful, and Lin seemed somewhat... nervous for some reason. I wish I had a digital Gerald that would beep right now, telling me I had something else to do.

"Uh, are you alright Lin? You seem a little flustered..." Anything to break the silence.

Lin seemed caught off-guard at my question. "Oh! Um, yeah I'm good!" He said, flashing his cute smile. Fuck. He's just really cute, okay?

Why did I just say that to myself?
I dunno; maybe digital Gerald could tell me. I need to get one of those.

"Alright, well I won't keep you any longer. See you tomorrow!" I said. Lin waved back at me and nodded his head a little. I walked away, looking up at the cloudy, Manhattan sky.