Chapter 25. Learning new things.

I pulled up in our driveway and got out the car. As I walked inside I put my keys down and went to find Jayde. I walked into my room and she was asleep already. It was only 8:00pm. I shrugged and went to tell mum I was home. I found her in the laundry.

"Im back.", I said as I walked past the laundry door and into the kitchen.

"Okay, How was Abbey? Did you fix what you had to do that was important?", she asked me not making much sense.

I pulled the orange juice from the fridge and got a glass out the cupboard. I poured myself a drink.

"Um, yeah I did. Um, I'm going to bed now. Goodnight mum.", I went and kissed her on the cheak goodnight and went to lay down in bed. I got changed into my pyjamas, finished the rest of my orange jucice and brushed my teeth.

I hopped into bed and layed there thinking while staring at the ceiling. I went through all the possibilities of Jayde being pregnant.

"We didn't even do anything? All right yeah. What are the chances of that happening on thr first try." I said to myself as I remembered.

I went though all her odd actions today. How she woke up early and was chucking up, how she craved for a food she didn't normally like and how she almost threw up at the smell of chicken, something she had never had a problem with before. She was acting strange all day.

I layed there for about another two hours going through everything that has happened in that past few days before I fell asleep.

The next morning I again woke up to Jayde throwing up in the bathroom. I went and knocked on the door.

"Are you okay in there?", I yelled through the door.

"Oh Justin. I'm, UM, fine!", she said back.

"Look Jayde. I know about, you know. I think I know why you're throwing up." I told her through the door.

I wasn't very good at timing when it  came to telling someone something important. I waited for an answer and finally I heard the toilet flush and the tap run. She opened the door and just stared at me.

"I want you to know that i'm with you one hundred percent of the way", I told her.

She started crying and fell to her knees. I helped her up and sat her on the bed. She didn't look up just burried her face in my shoulder and cried. I patted her back not exactly sure how to handle this situation and didn't move until she was ready too.

After about 10 minutes of crying she pulled away from my shoulder and picked a tissue from the tissue box next to my bed.

"Do you want me to make us some breakfast?", I asked her trying to get her mind off this topic.

She nodded. "Bacon?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll make bacon for breakfast.", I smiled at her.

"Everything will be okay.",  I made sure she knew that even though I didn't know if I knew that myself.

We walked out into the kitchen and deicided not to tell my mum about this, just yet. I made us breakfast and talked about the usual everyday stuff. As the day went by nothing much happened. We just stayed around the house all day.

We worked on some new songs for me and a couple times I had to go out and get her something that she craved. At one point she craved fairy floss and I was like, where da heck do I find that!?

After dinner we were sitting in my room talking. The topic of her birthday came up. She turned 18 in two days on the 6th of August. We were talking about weather she wanted a party or not. She didn't want a party because she didn't know anyone she could invite anyway. She looked sad.

We continued talking about her birthday. I was thinking of throwing her a surprise party and inviting some of my friends, famous and not famous, so she could meet them. I came out of my deep thought and she was playing with her hair. It was beautiful long, and chocolate brown. She noticed me looking at her hair and she pushed it behind her back.

"You know what?", I asked her.

"What?"

"I want to learn to plait hair!", I said with excitment.

She looked me up and down. "You're not going near my hair!", she laughed.

"I want you to teach me!", I grabbed her hand and she shook her head.

"You're not touching my hair", she laughed again.

"Fine. I'll have to do it while you're sleeping. I promise I won't make you bald", I teased her.

She grabbed her hair and plaited it herself. She tied it up with a hair tie.

"There. Now you can't practise on me while you sleep!", she said with a grin.

"Then you're going to have to teach me now, when you're awake.", I winked at her. She shook her head.

"Please, please, please, pretty please with cherries on top.", I begged her.

She smirked. " I don't like cherries but i'll settle for strawberries." she giggled and agreed to teach me to plait hair.

She unplaited her hair again and pulled it over her right shoulder. It came down to her waist so it was easy to learn. First she demonstrated then she showed me how too hold the hair properly. After that she taught me the pattern for plaiting hair.

It took me many tries and many tangled knots before I finally got it right.

"I did it!", I said. Happy with my accomplishment.

"Yes you did", she said with a yawn. She looked at the clock.

"Wow. 2:39am. We should get some sleep.", she said as she layed down and pulled up the blankets.

"Goodnight beautiful", I said and kissed her cheak.

"Goodnight Justin. See you in the morning." , she yawned and was out straight away.

For some odd reason I couldn't sleep. I got out of bed and decided to work on a surprise birthday party for Jayde. I sat at the table and was writing down plans on a piece of paper. I stayed up for about an hour and I finally started to feel tired. I was almost finshed with the party plans though and I forced myself to stay awake to finish them.

I finally finished them and I rested my head down on my arms for a second and the next thing I know, im out like a light.