chapter 8. The bitter taste of loss.

It took me a moment to figure out what she meant. Then it hit me, she saw us this morning.

"Abbey wait, what did you say? You saw us this morning?", I asked her.

"Yes Justin I did. It wasn't hard to miss.", she turned around and faced me.

"Hard to miss? We were 13 floors below you and...", I trailed off.

"Justin when I woke up this morning I went to check on you, like I normally do at 6 every morning and when you weren't there I remembered you talking about Jayde and how she uses the fire escape so I looked out the window and saw you two walking around the corner. I wanted a closer look so I climbed out onto the fire escape and went down a few ladders. When I saw her kiss you I made my way up and back into the window. I woke up everyone and told them you were missing.", she said, her pale green eyes staring me down.

" Why did you wake everyone? You knew I would get in trouble.", I asked her but I had just realised the truth myself.

"I was jealous Justin.  I've always been there for you and you forget about me and go out with this underage skank.", she said aggressively.

"That is not nice Abbey, why were you jealous?", i asked her, confused.

"I Love you Justin and I always have", she stared in my eyes and turned towards the elevator.

She was standing in the elevator and she pressed the button, but I stopped the doors.

"Abbey wait, i'm sorry, let me come with you, we can sort this out.", i pleaded with her.

"No Justin.  If you step in this elevator now, it will go to ground level. You will get mobbed. You cant afford for that to happen though, can you?" she said with her eyes filling  up with tears.

I sighed and said, "No. I cant."

"That's what I thought. Goodbye Justin.", the doors closed and she was gone.

"Damn it, damn it damn it!", I yelled and it echoed through the hallways. I just lost the best thing that ever happened to me, besides meeting Jayde. She was my best friend and in a way I loved her to, but I couldn't show it. I love Jayde. Abbey showed her emotions too late.

My mum ran out into the hallway.

"Justin. What are you doing out here and why did Abbey leave?", she asked. Again with all the questions.

"I came out here to say goodbye to Abbey.", hopefully I was convincing.

"Why did she leave?" , she was so confused.

I had to think quickly, "She, um, forgot to feed her sexy fish. I mean her fish.", damn, well that lie went great. I gave her a big cheesy grin.

Mum lifted one eyebrow and put her hands on her hips.

"Justin.", she wasn't going to give up.

"Mum,  Don't worry about it. None of your buiesness." , I was annyoyed, sad, angry. Basically everything but happy.

It was lunch time and I wasn't hungry. I sat on the fire escape hoping Jayde, or even Abbey would come back. They didn't. As the day passed the sun changed position and mum tried to bring me food that I didn't want. By dark my stomach grumbled and I got too cold so I went inside and grabbed some left over pizza from the fridge and put the simpsons on.  I got to go to Adelaide in  two a days for a concert there but I don't want to leave without saying good by to Jayde.

The two days passed and I never saw Jayde or Abbey. I have to get up and catch my plane. I dont know how im going to perform like this.I sighed out loud and got in the car and into the plane. I thought I saw Jayde and even Abbey everywhere I went, but this time I know it was my imagination.

The plane took flight and ten minutes into the flight I saw something in th air vent in the plane. I looked up and saw someone wearing my... shoes? They slid across and I didn't see anything else. I have hopeful feeling that it is Jayde. While I have been so depressed Jayde must have snuck in againa nd taken my shoes. How could I have missed that. My face lit up and I smiled. My mum took that as a good sign and came and gave me a huge hug.

"Im so glad I have my boy back. Your smiling!", she was so happy and for the first time in a while so was I. Jayde, well I hope it is Jayde, snuck onto the plane somehow and got into the tiny space of the air vents. She is still secretly stalking me all the way to Adelaide and of course I know about it.