Running

I woke suddenly, almost screaming out loud. I stopped though, thinking 'it was just a dream, just a dream.' It was just a dream, but it was real, that fight with that wolf, my power bursting out, I almost killed him, that was real. I heard someone sigh next to me and I smiled as I hugged the person tightly and I heard a a small muffled sleepy voice.

         "I am an old lady you know, your a lot stronger then me. Don't squeeze so tight, you were never like this when you were younger."

         I laughed out loud and sighed, being reunited with my grandmamma was a dream come true. I never thought I would see her again, but lately things have gone not the way of my village. Being in the forest was almost always forbidden, but I wondered in it alone. I smiled, rebellion! sweet rebellion. It had only been a couple of days since the day of the fight but it still seemed as if it were going on in my mind. My grandmamma turned to face me and our eyes met, she understood. That there was a war inside and outside of me, one with the wolf and one with myself. I sighed again and looked around, Mom had gone back to the village along with Aaron who protected her. Mom can't stand the forest, being near it or around it. It makes me wonder why she married my dad. He loves the forest, or at least he did anyway. Aaron escorted my mom back and then went to speak with his father.

          "Your thinking about him?"

          "How do you know?" She could read me like a book, makes me wonder if she can read minds.

            She laughs aloud startling me, "No I can't read minds."

         I look alarmed and stare at her as she keeps looking at me. "You get this crinkle between your eyes when you think about him, mostly worry I think."

        "It does not!" I touched the place between my eyes defensively.

        "Yes it does. Don't argue with your elders young lady, we are always right."

        I tried to keep a straight face but I laughed and she scoffed at me. We had spent all our time together these passed couple of days and I feel like it has been a life time. She headed to the kitchen to make some tea and I suddenly got an ache in my heart, I wish my father could have been here, with us. I don't like picking one parent over the other but he just understood me better then anyone. He protected me better then anyone except Aaron, but when he left, I was alone. All alone in the cruel world that I knew.

        Your not alone, you have me, and the world does not have to be cruel. You have the power to make the world worship you. To cower at your feet, isn't that what you wanted, what you wished for?

        'No! I would never want that.'

        Are you sure?

        "Yes!"

        My grandmother came running into the room and took me in her arms as I shook in plain fear, my head was pounding, and I realized I had spoken out loud. "It's getting stronger."

        "What do you mean?"

        "It's talking, pushing dark thoughts into my head."

        "That's not possible. It can't do that."

       "Well it is, and it's terrifying me."

       "I won't stop trying to help you and to get rid of what's happening in your head."

       "Thank you, Grandmamma."

       After I calmed down some my grandmamma went to get the tea and I sat down on the bed sighing and rubbing my temple. I could hear her sing a lullaby, probably to let me know she was close by and I smiled softly as she came in holding out a cup of tea to me, I took it gratefully and took a sip of it. "I am going to try to look up something that might help in some books that I have."

       I nodded My head and said, "I will look too." My grandmamma looked like she wanted to object but said nothing, and she nodded her head. I opened my spell book, the binding feeling like a long lost friend, and I looked at the worn pages.

        Powers are the inner wish, it will try to and voice your wish but will do

        no more. But the more powerful the witch the more the voice will nag.

        It will push and make it's voice known in your head but will not push

       You into anything, though it may hurt it will get quieter as you ignore

        it, it is your own choice, remember that.

       I had my answer but it still was not enough for my liking. I wanted this thing gone and out of my head. For good so I could get on with my life. suddenly the pages started to turn of there own record, and I sat stunned as the pages flipped to the very back of the book, to more information.

       Absorbing power from another witch can be tricky and only if the witch

      gives it to you at the time of her death. It can be taken against her will

      only if the witch dies by your hand, and then her power will be your own.

        Pictures of my Grandmamma ran through my mind and I yelped as the voice entered my head again.

       You see, you could be so powerful if you wanted to be. All you have to do is.. kill her. She would not even see it coming. She is very powerful, you can feel it in her veins, the power, it would be so easy, you know you want too, it's your darkest desire, one that you buried deep in your hear.....

        "No!" My grandmamma came into the room after hearing my cry and I saw her and when I did I saw her dead, blood everywhere around her as she lay face down and I cried out and I ran out of the house and into the woods, because I don't think I could trust my own mind to stop from killing someone that I love.

* I know it is confusing somewhat but it's like her power is pushing her to gain more or to let it out, And the wolf is not dead and he will be back. The fairies will make sense soon and the man that was sleeping for years will make sense too.*