The truth, about everything, at last

• Dedicated to Nick Ta

         I sit there silent, I am in one of the temple rooms thinking of what to do next, I just need a day or two to think things out and Then I will leave. I have sent word to my mother and to Aaron, they will want to know why so I will tell only them. I must speak to my grandmamma, she will know what to do, and she always has. My mother, Aaron and my grandmamma are the only ones I will tell. I would not tell my mother, stop her from worrying but she will wonder why I am here. Do have to tell you I am scared, scared about being taken away against my will, by a beast.

         I am sitting on a bench in the temple with windows overlooking the woods and part of the village. I watch, the people doing everyday tasks except that most are at toms home, saying prayers, saying there last goodbyes, and giving condolences to the family, burning candles light the windows. I feel wet tears running down my cheeks, crying and running seems like all I can do, but even now I am too tired to even run, crying is all I can do, so crying I will. I hope that wherever tom is he will forgive me, and that he will be with my father if he is there.

         My mother and Aaron enter the room together they must have met outside of the temple or still were in the square and got my message at the same time. They came alone that was good. My mother looked frantic and Aaron looked grim they knew that whatever it was I was going to tell them it was bad. I ran to my mother and hugged her crying on her shoulder she held me and rubbed my hair like when I was a child and I needed comforting.

         I let go still silent and looked at Aaron he nodded and I went to him though my mother was reluctant to give me up and I hugged him, it felt right, like I was safe. Not like the other wolf, he was light and the other was dark. I hugged him longer I did not want to let go, but I had to, my voice was lost but still I had to try. I sat down over by the windows where I was, we were quit for a few moments.

         "Mother, Is grandmamma a witch?" My mother looked taken aback like it surprised her that I knew that, she looked at Aaron and then she understood. "Yes, she is."

         "Am I a witch?" She sobbed; she was ashamed that I was. Aaron looked grim.

        "Yes, or at least she thinks you are. She says you are stronger then even she that is saying a lot considering how powerful she is."

         "Mother, What happened to father?" She sobbed more and shook her head.

        "You already know, he went in the woods and never came out. They looked but could not find him. Nothing of his was found there was no blood."

         "Good, so at least so far I know he was not lying." I said to myself though they were listening, my mother sat down and looked like I had gone crazy, Aaron stood there. A thought came to me, if I could hear that wolf why could I not hear him? I stood up and backed away just a little he looked upset that I did that but did not come closer, I could still feel the tears running down my cheeks. "Does my mother know what you are?"

        His answer was simple... "Yes"

       I looked at my mother and she looked down. I was angry and sad.

       "How come I could hear him and not you in your wolf faze?" He looked taken aback and stepped closer to me, I stepped back more. "Who... Destiny who are you talking about."

       "The wolf, the damn wolf that killed Tom. Now answer the question."

        My mother screamed and Aaron came to me even if I resisted and hugged me tight. "Aaron, he was in my head. He was speaking to me in my head, his voice is there... I can still hear it. He scared me but I was angry more, he killed Tom and maybe even my father. But he said that he did not kill him only Tom because he was in his way."