A blessing, and a fairy

"What?!?" I yelled at her. She seemed undaunted as I screamed almost in her face.

     "I. Am. Your. Mother." She said slowly and my jaw dropped, but then I started to laugh.

     "Good one, You almost had me."

     "It's true."

    I sobered at her grim stare, "I have a mother, In the village."

    "The woman who raised you?"

    "Yes the woman who raised me!"

    She sighed at me and waited for me to stop screaming, "She is one of your mother's, you could say."

    "What do you mean?" I was starting to get very confused and my head started to hurt.

    "Well it was that woman who gave birth to you and raised you but if not for me she would never have had you."

     "Why not?"

    "She could never have children."

    "But then how am I here?"

    "I helped her, and your father."

    "My father?"

   "Yes, he was so handsome and kind, very hard working. He to did not love me back, not like I loved him.

    "You loved my father?"

    "Yes"

    The mental image made me want to gag, my dad? with her? I could see it, in a way, she was so beautiful I could see my father loving her but he would never cheat on my mother. He only had eyes for my mother, right? "So..."

    "Your father was a very faithful man, do not worry. Your mother could not have children, though they both wanted one so badly, and I loved your father very much so I helped them conceive."

    "How?" I was starting to get worried, this can't be true can it?

    "I can do things that other people can't, and when they cried and asked for a miracle I came. I blessed them."

     "That does not make you my mother."

    "I told them that my genes, my blood would be in you, flow through you. You would get some of my power, they did not care, they just wanted you."

    "So, your.."

    "I am like a mother. To you." she came to me and sat beside me on the grass bed.

    "Your blood is in me? your power?"

    "Yes"

    "But your so Beautiful, and I am not."

    "You are Beautiful, though." she looked sad and determined.

     I knew I was not, but I did not argue anymore, instead I asked an important question. One that confused me even more.

    "Who exactly are you?"

    "I am a fairy."