Mr. Nobody [] Agent 37

Requested by PatricStaticWriter

-------

I remember the day he died. 

The rain had been pouring down from the sky for the last day, and I had been hiding, cooped up in my apartment. He had told me to stay here, because the world was no longer safe. He was right, but wrong in so many more ways.

It was not safe.

But with him at my side, it was so much safer.

Until he had left. 

Bruce had told me that he had died for a cause. For justice, for freedom from this hell hole that the Crime Syndicate had created. 

But I knew Dick better than anyone, and I knew that he wasn't dead.

Or, at least, I hoped. 

I hoped for myself, for Bruce, Damian, Alfred, Jason, Tim, the whole family.

But most of all, I hoped for my son. Our son.

-

[3rd Person POV] 

Present Day, Central City

"John! Slow down!" (Y/N) cried, John's laughter echoing through out the house.

"You gotta catch me, mommy!" He exclaimed, running faster. "Mommy?" He looked around, (Y/N) no longer in sight.

"Gotcha!" said (Y/N), scooping her son into her arms. Both of their laughters ricocheted off the beige house walls as the two smiled and laughed.

The doorbell soon rang out, ruining the fun. 

"Hello-" (Y/N) began to open the door, only to see the man she thought was dead. "Richard?"

"Mommy, who is it?" John asked, running up to hug (Y/N)'s leg.

"Oh," (Y/N) began, looking down at her son. "N-Nobody,"

"Hello, Mr. Nobody!" John exclaimed, his bright smile shining up at Dick.

"H-Hello," Dick looked at John, seemingly paralyzed. "(Y/N), can we talk?"

"Sure," (Y/N) knelt down next to John, peeling his hands of her calf. "Johnny, can you please go clean up your room?"

"Sure mommy!" He exclaimed, running to his room. 

"So," (Y/N) began, letting Dick in. "How the hell did you find me? Or better question, how the hell are you alive?!"

"(Y/N), it wasn't my idea, I swear. It was for a greater cause," Dick sighed, running a hand through his tousled hair. "But, knowing you, you don't believe me."

"You're not wrong," (Y/N) added as she sat down on a stool that was placed against the kitchen island. 

"I'm so sorry, I never wanted to go."  (Y/N) shook her head, not believing a word out of Dick's mouth. "Please, believe me, (Y/N)."

Tears began to fill in (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes. "No, not until you give me a reasonable explanation."

"But-" 

"Get out," (Y/N) demanded, covering her face in her hands. "Get out, or I swear to God..."

Dick's crystal blue eyes filled with tears as he got up from his spot. "Please, reconsider."

Tears where now free falling down (Y/N)'s face as she shook her head once again. Dick let out a sigh as (Y/N) got up, following him towards the door. "Just, let me ask one question." Dick pleaded as he stood outside the door. "Is he mine?"

(Y/N) looked into Dick's eyes, her own filled with sadness and regret. "Not anymore,"