Starr Academy:Year Three- Chapter 29

Twenty-Nine

~~Franklin's Point Of View~~

"Urr! This door isn't budging!" Sweat dripped off the end of my nose from my attempts at getting the door open.

Shawn's fist collided with the solid door rimmed in black. "What the hell are we going to do? We can't get in even working together." He was just as frustrated as I was right now. Pushing away from the door, he ran a hand through his hair. "What the hell just happened anyways?!"

I shook my head feeling around the black seal around the door feeling as if there was any where I could get through. Nope, nothing. It was as if the door had no seam at all now.

Looking over my shoulder, I jerked my chin down the hall. "Go get one of the Guardians. We need their help with this."

His eyes narrowed dangerously at me as he glared with flared nostrils. "I'm not leaving Hope in there. If anyone is staying, it's me because I'm her counterpart."

"Her counterpart would be the responsible one in getting help that would get us to her faster. Big difference between you and Marek. He would have been gone and back by now with help."

He clamped his hand down on my shoulder and spun me around till we were face to face. "I'm nothing like him. He holds onto something that will never happen again. He thinks that Hope is destined to be his woman forever and isn't giving her a chance to breathe."

I pushed him away. "And what about you?" I took a step towards him and he took the same step backwards. "You're always trying to sneakingly get her to be your girlfriend. Nageria should be a hint that Hope doesn't want you like that. All Hope wants to be is just a girl and both of you are pushing her when she doesn't need either of you. So take my advice and back off!"

Turning back to the door, I started trying to figure it out again. "And will you go get a damned Guardian already!?!"

"He doesn't have to." I turned my head to see three large looking guys that had come with Jullian to help with the shadow that have been stalking the halls and all the students. On the center guy's shoulder sat Nageria. I should have noticed that she was gone.

They came over and pulled me away from the door. One shook something up that was in a vile before pouring the liquid in what looked like a squirt bottle. But it wasn't a squirt bottle, but a gun that sprayed a fine mist.

Unfortunately when they misted part of the shadow, it spread out fully along the door. All three looked at each other worried. One turned to us. "As we suspected, this thing hasn't been a shadow spirit at all. Someone with a strong Darkness element is using it in a restricted way."

Another pulled out a white candle and lift it. When he placed it in front of the now pure black door, the shadow flicked out and snuffed the light of the candle. "It's been charmed to resist light completely. Even attack it."

"So how can we get in?" I wanted through that door now. Hope was in there all alone.

"Do either of you have the Darkness element?"

I looked at Shawn who nodded. "I do." He stepped forward and two of the Guardians nodded to him.

The third came to stand by me. "I take it, you're trying to fight Darkness with Darkness?"

He nodded to me. "Along with Air and Fire. My guys with help feed your friend what he needs to be strong enough to manipulate the Darkness to allow us access."

"Will that work?" Shawn was directed to put his hands directly onto the blackened door.

The guy next to me shrugged. "If not, we'll have to try and figure something else out. We have to try the easiest thing first before doing something a bit more complicated."